Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Lights

• 18-03-2015 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have someone visiting in 2 weeks time was HOPING that the Northern Lights might be visible while they are here.

Are they visible from Limerick? Surrounding Areas?

I don't fancy a 7 hours drive to Donegal and then to be disappointed!

Cheers for any info! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have someone visiting in 2 weeks time was HOPING that the Northern Lights might be visible while they are here.

Are they visible from Limerick? Surrounding Areas?

I don't fancy a 7 hours drive to Donegal and then to be disappointed!

Cheers for any info! :)

I think you'll be heading North. And even then you'll be lucky to see them. They were apparently visable at the most Southern latitudes in years last night, but not as far South as Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I think you'll be heading North. And even then you'll be lucky to see them. They were apparently visable at the most Southern latitudes in years last night, but not as far South as Limerick.

I saw nothing in limerick last night anyway and as you say, that was billed as the best chance in quite a while. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I saw a post on MFs where a guy in Northern Ireland went out looking for/at them last night and failed so hoping to see anything from around here would be really optimistic.

If you wanted to Gallows Hill it might be worth a try or head to the Burren, anywhere away from the glare of street lights,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Your best bet might be to smoke some Northern Lights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057398588&page=3

Looks like some people had better luck than others last night. Doesn't seem likely that we would have another solar event of the same magnitude in two weeks time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement