Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Front wheel stiff after tyre change

• 18-03-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hey!

So I changed the front Tyre on my Cb250 yesterday afternoon. Its the first time I've ever done a Tyre change on my own but I looked up a few youtube videos before attempting anything and that seemed to help a lot.

The only problem I am finding today is that the wront wheel seems to be a bit stiffer than normal! Its nothing major but it doesnt feel like theres a tiny bit more resistance there when pushing the bike.

what could this be ? Did I tighten the front axel a bit too much or is it the brake pads rubbing against the disc ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Take off the calipers and spin the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

& check that you put the spacers in the correct side. Honda's have 2 different size spacers. Something just to rule out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Loosen everything off and re-tighten in sequence...reckon you've tightened a spindle clamp before you've tightened the nut and youve forced the fork legs together a bit causing the pads to press against the disc too much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

What I like to do is loosen the front axle clamps and spin the wheel, then apply the front brake and hold it while I tighten the axle pinch bolts. This centres the wheel in the forks and also allows you to see if its running free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

CJhaughey wrote: »
    What I like to do is loosen the front axle clamps and spin the wheel, then apply the front brake and hold it while I tighten the axle pinch bolts. This centres the wheel in the forks and also allows you to see if its running free.

If theres any issues with pistons sticking this method wont be accurate and could warp the disc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If theres any issues with pistons sticking this method wont be accurate and could warp the disc

Same applies to just bolting it up and torquing it down. Sticky pistons are a problem no matter what method you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Well the front wheel is grand now but then this happened.

Advertisement