Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Customer Service!

Options
  • 18-03-2015 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]I requested to cancel my Eircom and Emobile account in December. I s[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]hall cut a long story short and just say that Eircom has been "Looking into this" issue since then to proceed with cancellation.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]I never have recieved an email or phone call in regards the issue and so every month I have to  ring in to get an update and every month no one knows what is going in. Finally last month I got a text to say my account is close to cancellation. When I rang in I was ASSURED by accounts that while the issue was being looked into I would not be discontinued. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Yet today my phone number got discontinued. I have no way of p[honing 1901 today and so was using your chat service who informed me that there is nothing they can do. This is my phone number which I need! It is not my fault that it has taken you guys nearly 4 months to resolve this issue so why am I being punished. Can someone contact me via messages to resolve this issue.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]I requested to cancel my Eircom and Emobile account in December. I s[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]hall cut a long story short and just say that Eircom has been "Looking into this" issue since then to proceed with cancellation.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]I never have recieved an email or phone call in regards the issue and so every month I have to  ring in to get an update and every month no one knows what is going in. Finally last month I got a text to say my account is close to cancellation. When I rang in I was ASSURED by accounts that while the issue was being looked into I would not be discontinued. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Yet today my phone number got discontinued. I have no way of p[honing 1901 today and so was using your chat service who informed me that there is nothing they can do. This is my phone number which I need! It is not my fault that it has taken you guys nearly 4 months to resolve this issue so why am I being punished. Can someone contact me via messages to resolve this issue.[/font]
    Hi Kenzie Tinkling Batter

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble this has caused however I'm confused as you state that you wish to have your eircom and emobile account cancelled but now that it is closed you wish to have an active phone line?

Could you please PM me the account number and I'll look in to this further?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I am not surprised.

Eircom I am tired of.
    I was charged €200 on credit card which I agreed to but a further €460 odd was taken out without permission.

I called and now I am told that no payment has been received in 15 months so they are now looking for over €900.

I am more then shocked.

We have sent letter off to cancel and have heard nothing this was sent over a month ago.

I want to be disconnected and have no more to do with eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble this has caused however I'm confused as you state that you wish to have your eircom and emobile account cancelled but now that it is closed you wish to have an active phone line?

Could you please PM me the account number and I'll look in to this further?

Thanks
    Al
    I have tried to follow the correct procedure to end my Eircom accounts.

To clarify Alan. My number is deactivated due to unpaid bills. If I go to Vodafone my number will not be active!

Unpaid bills are because I want to cancel my account and I do not think it is fair to ask a customer to pay for a service that he does not want whilst you guys "look into it". It has been four months and still you guys are looking into it!

I have Pm'd you my account number!

I am not surprised.

Eircom I am tired of.
    I was charged €200 on credit card which I agreed to but a further €460 odd was taken out without permission.

I called and now I am told that no payment has been received in 15 months so they are now looking for over €900.

I am more then shocked.

We have sent letter off to cancel and have heard nothing this was sent over a month ago.

Kind of similar situation. 

They have never contacted me once in 4 months. The customer service in all departments do not care. They lie. Constantly lie and then and no one cares. 

I am actually shocked at how they conduct business. I thought Eircom had strong ethical values, or so you are meant to be believe.

I am not surprised.

Eircom I am tired of.

I am more then shocked.

They have never contacted me once in 4 months. The customer service in all departments do not care. They lie. Constantly lie and then and no one cares. 

I am actually shocked at how they conduct business. I thought Eircom had strong ethical values, or so you are meant to be believe.
    Hello Kenzie Tinkling Batter

There are specific case notes attached to your account that strictly advise that the account cannot be closed without your acceptance of early cease of contract fees. So far you have not consented to the early cease fees and continued to use the service to the date of being taken off service.

If you wish to have your account reactivated the full outstanding balance will need to be paid in full as ultimately no payments have been made to eircom for your land line, broadband and mobile since your account opened in November '14

There is also a note on your account that should you wish to challenge this further you will need to lodge further official complaint to eircom on free phone 1901 or via comreg on 1890229668

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

I am not surprised.

Eircom I am tired of.

I am more then shocked.

There are specific case notes attached to your account that strictly advise that the account cannot be closed without your acceptance of early cease of contract fees. So far you have not consented to the early cease fees and continued to use the service to the date of being taken off service.

If you wish to have your account reactivated the full outstanding balance will need to be paid in full as ultimately no payments have been made to eircom for your land line, broadband and mobile since your account opened in November '14

There is also a note on your account that should you wish to challenge this further you will need to lodge further official complaint to eircom on free phone 1901 or via comreg on 1890229668

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al, 

The reason why TSS are looking into the case is to prove that I was on many occasions LIED to by Eircom staff. TSS of course listen to phone calls. 

Why on earth would I pay an early cease charge for an account which I am fully entitled to cancel because of misleading information. The fact that you guys have to listen to these calls is not my error. Early cease charge is the remainder of the contact or should i say 23 months!

I understand I have been using your services but I am doing so unwillingly. If you had of cancelled my account in December I would not be using your services. I am sure there is some law against this type of practice. As you are holding a customer against there will. It has been FOUR MONTHS. 

I am not trying to get something for nothing here mate but what am i to do whilst you take your time to listen to the recordings? 

NB: I phone every month to see what the update is. The last contact I made was on the 11th of February. I asked to be put through to accounts and explained the situation to them. I told them I was afraid that my number would be deactivated. ROb assured me they will not cancell my number once TSS are handling my issue. That was at 10:40 on 11th of February. I'll also add that an agent called Kevin said that TSS call calling department process would take 10 days!!!! Case reference 1743100

Anything else?

Also in regards to your last message telling me to lodge further official complain and also contact comreg?

What further complaint? Are TSS not dealing with it. WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON!!!????!!! You are a communications provider and I recieve no contact from you guys EVER...the irony in that.

Is my last question on this thread going to go unanswered like my countless emails and phone calls to Eircom?

Is my last question on this thread going to go unanswered like my countless emails and phone calls to Eircom?

We have an advised 24hr response timeframe, I understand the 11hrs response time advised to the right of the page may indicate not but that is an average on the timeframe Reps manage to get back to users by.

In my post above I advised that should you wish to challenge this further you will need to lodge a further official complaint to eircom on free phone 1901 or via comreg on 1890229668 - this will remain the required route to follow in this case.

Thanks
    Al

We have an advised 24hr response timeframe, I understand the 11hrs response time advised to the right of the page may indicate not but that is an average on the timeframe Reps manage to get back to users by.

In my post above I advised that should you wish to challenge this further you will need to lodge a further official complaint to eircom on free phone 1901 or via comreg on 1890229668 - this will remain the required route to follow in this case.

Thanks
    Al
    Al,

I rang 1901

The agent hung up on me saying "Terminating call wasting Eircoms time"......what the actual f**k?

Rang back up. Get a gem of Customer Service agent who spent two hours on the phone with me and actually treated me like a human being. She went through my case with a fine tooth comb and got to the root of the problem whilst discovering why and how this has gone on so long and all the errors along the way.

Previous agents have always just wanted to get me off the phone in whatever way possible whilst pointing fingers at why I am to blame and that includes yourself "Al" as evident by the responses here. Further proof that you didnt actually bother your backside looking into my case properly is that the reason why my phone was disconnected was not in fact unpaid bills but a technical error with 4g!

Thanks for nothing.

• Advertisement

Now that is shocking.

It looks like I will have to get onto the regulator and also put in a small claims to get my money back.

I have never dealt with any company like eircom before.

They seem to not know what the other is doing and what actually works or doesn't.

Disgusted with eircom.

Rang back up. Get a gem of Customer Service agent who spent two hours on the phone with me and actually treated me like a human being. She went through my case with a fine tooth comb and got to the root of the problem whilst discovering why and how this has gone on so long and all the errors along the way.

Previous agents have always just wanted to get me off the phone in whatever way possible whilst pointing fingers at why I am to blame and that includes yourself "Al" as evident by the responses here. Further proof that you didnt actually bother your backside looking into my case properly is that the reason why my phone was disconnected was not in fact unpaid bills but a technical error with 4g!

Thanks for nothing.

I understand your disappointment however as I had advised a call to 1901 was required where an agent in 1901 incidentally proved helpful.

I'm sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

"I understand your disappointment however as I had advised a call to 1901 was required where an agent in 1901 incidentally proved helpful."

And after many months and how many different eircom employees  did he have to go through before finding one that actually helped?   not good advertisement for eircom 

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

Yeah that last eircom comment comes across very poorly...

thehouses wrote: »

The whole story actually gets worse.

So as I said I have been waiting for them to resolve this issue so I can proceed with cancellation. It was only until I spoke with the agent on Thursday that we realised what was taking this process so long as it's not almost 5 months.

My phone is broke (no fault of eircom) and the agent informed me to send my phone for repair. she informed me to do a SIM swap as the phone I was going to use had a larger SIM card then my current phone. I went into the emobile store and the agent had to ring to get the sim swap approved. And after she spent twenty five minutes on the phone they told her they would not authorise it.

Now needless to say the girl in the store was embarrassed. She can see the notes on my account and realise what is going in and why although my account is in arrears there is a valid reason behind it. She can see the note from Eircom assistant advising me to go in to the nearest store and get a SIM replacement. Realisng how ludicrous the whole situation is she gave me her own personal SIM card adapter.

As I said previously it is not my fault that it's taken Eircom so long to deal with my cancellation and so I do not believe I should pay for the service. Its not like I can just move my phone number over to a new network and broadband. However yesterday I was going to do it because I'm tired of arguing and fighting, but low and behold the ammount owed is DOUBLE of the price plan I signed up to, so I couldn't even do that.

I'm really being treated like an absolute moron.

I am not surprised.

Eircom I am tired of.

I am more then shocked.

Hi punisher5112

I have just noticed your post now - apologies. Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further,

Thanks
    Al

Hi thehouses

I have re-read the post and admit that this was probably not the best phrasing. What I meant there was that the only and correct course of action was to speak with 1901, as advised.

Al

So as I said I have been waiting for them to resolve this issue so I can proceed with cancellation. It was only until I spoke with the agent on Thursday that we realised what was taking this process so long as it's not almost 5 months.

My phone is broke (no fault of eircom) and the agent informed me to send my phone for repair. she informed me to do a SIM swap as the phone I was going to use had a larger SIM card then my current phone.  I went into the emobile store and the agent had to ring to get the sim swap approved. And after she spent twenty five minutes on the phone they told her they would not authorise it.

Now needless to say the girl in the store was embarrassed. She can see the notes on my account and realise what is going in and why although my account is in arrears there is a valid reason behind it. She can see the note from Eircom assistant advising me to go in to the nearest store and get a SIM replacement. Realisng how ludicrous the whole situation is she gave me her own personal SIM card adapter.

As I said previously it is not my fault that it's taken Eircom so long to deal with my cancellation and so I do not believe I should pay for the service. Its not like I can just move my phone number over to a new network and broadband. However yesterday I was going to do it because I'm tired of arguing and fighting, but low and behold the ammount owed is DOUBLE of the price plan I signed up to, so I couldn't even do that.

Hi Androl

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I can see that you have a complaint case open and that this is in hand. Again my apologies that we could not do more for you here. [/font]

Thanks
    Al

My phone is broke (no fault of eircom) and the agent informed me to send my phone for repair. she informed me to do a SIM swap as the phone I was going to use had a larger SIM card then my current phone.  I went into the emobile store and the agent had to ring to get the sim swap approved. And after she spent twenty five minutes on the phone they told her they would not authorise it.

Hi Androl

I can see that you have a complaint case open and that this is in hand. Again my apologies that we could not do more for you here.

Thanks
    Al
    Well yes whilst the complaint is being dealt with, I'm still without my phone number. I mentioned the emobile staff member in the store gave me there own sim adapter the however the phone I managed to borrow until mine is repaired takes a micro sim! 

So what can I do now and why will they not allow my sim replacement?

Hi punisher5112

I have just noticed your post now - apologies. Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further,

Thanks
    Al

Sent you a pm yesterday.

• Advertisement

Hi punisher5112

Thanks
    Al

Sent you a pm yesterday.
    Thanks punisher5112

I will get back to you this morning

Al

Hi Al I have just PM.

I have not heard from anyone since and still can't believe what is going on.

Bank statements we have showing money went out on dd but when I was onto eircom last they are saying no money has been received in 15 months.

My bank account has not been refunded the illegally taken €468.88.

Hi Al I have just PM.

Bank statements we have showing money went out on dd but when I was onto eircom last they are saying no money has been received in 15 months.

Hi punisher5112

I am very sorry I have not had an update yet however I will get back to you as soon as I have clarification from our accounts department.

I will keep chasing this up and update you as soon as possible

Thanks

Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi Al I have just PM.

If you consider that money was wrongly taken from your bank account via dd then you have rights under the DD scheme rules which Eircom agree to when they sign up to the scheme.  You will get full information here.

dub45 wrote: »
    If you consider that money was wrongly taken from your bank account via dd then you have rights under the DD scheme rules which Eircom agree to when they sign up to the scheme.  You will get full information here.

There was a problem with the dd so I rang and agreed to pay bill of amount €200 on my credit card but they also took a further €468.88 off the visa card straight after.

As this has dragged on I am well outside 120 days to claim on card but I did contact my bank and sent all info over.
    They have yet to hear from eircom.

Its just so stressful and really don't need these money worries as I am paying huge interest on my card as I am overdrawn because so much was taken.

Hi punisher5112

I am very sorry I have not had an update yet however I will get back to you as soon as I have clarification from our accounts department.

I will keep chasing this up and update you as soon as possible

Thanks

Al

Hi Al.

Please let me know as soon as you can.

What needs to be done to rectify as which route to take.

Al,

I have been disconnected from mobile and broadband. I have been disconnected before the matter has been resolved. I am without my mobile phone number which I have had active for over 10 years!

I am in London at the moment and I will be for the next two weeks. How can I get my number reactivated?

Jesus this is unbelievable.

I dont envy your battle androl. 

The one good thing that may come of it is though that future customers may read this thread, realise the shocking Customer Service which Eircom provide and decide to take their custom elsewhere.

Please log a complaint to Comreg. If you dont you are letting Eircom away with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dub45 wrote: »

There was a problem with the dd so I rang and agreed to pay bill of amount €200 on my credit card but they also took a further €468.88 off the visa card straight after.

As this has dragged on I am well outside 120 days to claim on card but I did contact my bank and sent all info over.
    They have yet to hear from eircom.

Its just so stressful and really don't need these money worries as I am paying huge interest on my card as I am overdrawn because so much was taken.
    Did I point out this case to you before? It is a data protection case study (4/01  "Credit card transaction – use of details from a previous transaction without consent – fair obtaining – transparency - retention period)

• Advertisement

Just made another call to Eircom what a waste of 50 minutes that was.

Still no further apart from I have sent a complaint on to them and am disconnecting the router and will never be an Eircom customer again.

I have never come across such a poor service and been treated so bad it is shocking to say the least.

1 Bill for €668.88 which was taken off my visa card and another now for €909.19 where ever these amounts are coming from I would love to know as we only have broadband and no phone and never signed up for a phone.

Disgusted.

Advertisement