Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Customer Service!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

I remember a few years ago trying to cancel Eircom ... it was unreal .. took about 6 months.

I would call up and the agents would tell me they are transferring my call and then "transfer" me to a never ending 
    ringtone ... or they would just cut me off ... or put me back in the Q and I would end up being treated as a 1st caller again.

Like the agents did no work, just took a call like a hot potato and tried to get rid of it as quick as possible.

When I'd ask for emails of managers etc to get a proof of all this correspondence they would tell me that they can't receive 
    external email - insulting as well as absolute horseshyte.

Typical semi state "dont want to work" attitude.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

lazza14 wrote: »
    I remember a few years ago trying to cancel Eircom ... it was unreal .. took about 6 months.

I would call up and the agents would tell me they are transferring my call and then "transfer" me to a never ending 
    ringtone ... or they would just cut me off ... or put me back in the Q and I would end up being treated as a 1st caller again.

Like the agents did no work, just took a call like a hot potato and tried to get rid of it as quick as possible.

When I'd ask for emails of managers etc to get a proof of all this correspondence they would tell me that they can't receive 
    external email - insulting as well as absolute horseshyte.

Typical semi state "dont want to work" attitude.
    Eircom has not been a semi-state organisation for some considerable time now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Al,

I have been disconnected from mobile and broadband. I have been disconnected before the matter has been resolved. I am without my mobile phone number which I have had active for over 10 years!

I am in London at the moment and I will be for the next two weeks. How can I get my number reactivated?
    I'm sorry to hear this Kenzie Tinkling Batter,

If you would like to contact our customer service centre from abroad you can reach them on 00 353 16714444

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi all little update I have sent on a complaint to eircom and data protection oh and comreg next.

Got the usual we have received email blah blah blah...

So hope to hear back maybe next week but hard to know as they never got back after phone calls.

I have again put in that I am terminating and never will use eircom as a (poor) service provider.

The stress of this whole situation has been terrible and left me tired and drained and worrying about paying interest on what has been wrongly taken off my card as I am trying to pay it off.

This company is unreal and never have I come across such a terrible company and the attitudes of some staff extremely poor and tones used bad.

Hopefully others will read this and now know how they deal with paying customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i can add my name to the list of those who have received the same carry on from eircom, quite frankly im amazed that a professional company is run in such a manner...ive had the run around,hour long phone calls that get hung up on or wait for you to go on with your private life,blatant blatant lies..

left me with no other feeling other then its all designed to make you give up and pay up in frustration...which i did not as i did not owe money but wanted out of my contract as it was over ....im still angry tbh, my emobile contract is up in 2 months aswell,after ten years with meteor/emobile ill be leaving that too...

shocking company which i hope gets found out. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

I'm sorry to hear this androl,

If you would like to contact our customer service centre from abroad you can reach them on 00 353 16714444

Thanks
    Al

Al on average I would estimate that I spend 20 minutes on calls to Eircom customer service. As I will be calling from overseas that would be an extremely expensive phone call. I would appreciate another appreciate another alternative?

Al on average I would estimate that I spend 20 minutes on calls to Eircom customer service. As I will be calling from overseas that would be an extremely expensive phone call. I would appreciate another appreciate another alternative?

Any updates Al?

Any updates Al?
    Hi Kenzie Tinkling Batter

Attempts have been made to contact you on the registered contact number to your complaint, If you have an alternative contact number in which complaints can reach you please send it by PM?

Thanks
    Al

Hi androl

Attempts have been made to contact you on the registered contact number to your complaint, If you have an alternative contact number in which complaints can reach you please send it by PM?

Thanks
    Al

You have attempted to contact me on the phone number that YOU HAVE CANCELLED!?!?!?!?

Seriously mate are you just having a laugh here?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,574 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Mrs wanted to.switch to eircom home phone and broadband, showed her this thread and now she is onto sky instead, what a joke of a company!

• Advertisement

Mrs wanted to.switch to eircom home phone and broadband, showed her this thread and now she is onto sky instead, what a joke of a company!

Sky will be using eircom line so make sure you check through it real well and speeds are good.

I really hope they can solve my problems with them as its crazy the way we have been treated including the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Thanks
    Al

You have attempted to contact me on the phone number that YOU HAVE CANCELLED!?!?!?!?

Seriously mate are you just having a laugh here?
    Hi andol, we did not try here to make this call but appropriate team could only try to contact you on available contact number available to them. We have received your alternative number. Apologies that we could not arrange call for this morning but we have requested this call be made and will be back to you as soon as we get confirmation of this.
    Tony

Hi andol, we did not try here to make this call but appropriate team could only try to contact you on available contact number available to them. We have received your alternative number. Apologies that we could not arrange call for this morning but we have requested this call be made and will be back to you as soon as we get confirmation of this.
    Tony

So is there actually going to be a call to the number I provided or am I just going to keep getting PM's telling me someone will be in touch?

Tony

So is there actually going to be a call to the number I provided or am I just going to keep getting PM's telling me someone will be in touch?

The UK Number has been passed on to the complaints department and I have noted that 11am would be best to contact you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi androl

The UK Number has been passed on to the complaints department and I have noted that 11am would be best to contact you.

Thanks
    Al

Well that was the time I gave on Tuesday to receive a call yesterday.

But anyway your message is so cryptic. cut the crap. Am I 100% going to receive a call or not? or will I be on to you every day for you to just tell me "I've passed the message on".

But anyway your message is so cryptic. cut the crap. Am I 100% going to receive a call or not? or will I be on to you every day for you to just tell me "I've passed the message on".

Can I get a call today guys, is that too much to ask?

I have attempted to arrange a call to you within the parameters you have requested (on the alternative number you supplied and outside of the country) however I have been advised by our complaints department that they will be unavailable to call until Monday.

If in the meantime you wish to call our complaints team you can do so on 0035316714444. I'm sorry I can't do more and I can ensure you that all relevant notes have been added to this case.

Thanks
    Al

I have attempted to arrange a call to you within the parameters you have requested (on the alternative number you supplied and outside of the country) however I have been advised by our complaints department that they will be unavailable to call until Monday.

If in the meantime you wish to call our complaints team you can do so on 0035316714444. I'm sorry I can't do more and I can ensure you that all relevant notes have been added to this case.

Thanks
    Al

An entire department not able to make a call until Monday? Yet you still suggest the op calling them? Surely if they are all so busy they wont be able to take the op's call?

Who deals with complaints about the Complaints Department?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,574 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

dub45 wrote: »
    An entire department not able to make a call until Monday? Yet you still suggest the op calling them? Surely if they are all so busy they wont be able to take the op's call?

Who deals with complaints about the Complaints Department?

That would be complaints to complaints about complaints dept

They are open every 3rd wednesday between the hours of 11:05 AM and 11:07 AM The number is 1800HAHATHEIRSNOBODYHERE

Hi androl

Thanks
    Al

I gave you an alternative number on Tuesday and I can't receive a phone call from a member of your company until Monday. nothing surprises me now at this stage with Eircom.

• Advertisement

Hi androl any update?

Hi androl any update?
    Ha ha. Grab a cup of tea and take a seat....

Needless to say I got home from the UK with still no contact from Eircom. Im glad to see some of there lies are highlighted and plain to see for all people on this forum. 

I got home on Tuesday 14th of April and rang Eircom straight away. The agent informed me there was a resolution to my request to listen to the phone calls, and it confirmed that I was miss sold the product and given wrong information regarding price plans. He then informed me that Eircom will now deduct the incorrect charges from my bill. I told him there was no need as I had also requested to cancel my account. He informed me that there was no answer on that and that I would have to wait another 48 hours. It’s worth pointing out here that I had Eircom installed in November and requested to cancel in December, they informed then that I could cancel but would have to pay out the remainder of my 18 month contract (So 17 months). I told them I was given incorrect information whilst signing up and that should be exempt from any charges. This is when I first requested the calls been listening. So remember this whole 4+ months of waiting has been for Eircom to listen to the calls to verify I was correct and my account be cancelled without charges.

So of course 48 hours passed without call and so I had to ring Eircom (No surprise there). The first two sales agent hung up on me mid call. Now this is no surprise to me, it has been very common in the 5 months I have been dealing with Eircom. They ask me my details. They look at the notes and then the phone goes dead. It happens too often to be a mistake. So I get on to the third agent he gives me his name (I will keep to myself). I ask his surname and he says he does not want to give that information. I explain to him why I have asked for it as I feared being hung up on again and an agent would be less likely to do so knowing I have his full name. He again refused but assured me that he would not hang up, so I took his word. He looked into the notes and said he would ask the agent I previously dealt with what was the situation as it seemed he didn’t escalate the cancellation request to anyone. He briefly put me on hold. When he took me off hold he informed me that the agent was still on a call and he would wait an extra 6 mins for him to get off the phone call as he personally had to take his own lunch at 14:20. But he would assure me that he would ring me back when he got off lunch. He put me on hold again and when he came back on he said he was able to speak with the agent and that the agent said he would call me back when his shift ends at 6pm. I asked him why he would want to call me when his shift ends. His reply was “Somehow he just wants to”. Needless to say I wasn’t comfortable with an agent ringing me when his shift ends never mind it dealing with a 5 month ongoing complaint. I explained this to the agent and he said “Fine I’ll tell X not to call you back so”. I said no I wanted this to be handled in a professional manner and especially not when someone isn’t even technically working. I asked to speak to a supervisor, the agent replied “No problem” (which I thought was strange because I was always told that they do not transfer you to supervisors)…..Then he hung up on me! The time… 14:20…Lunch time.  

So I rang back. I explained the situation to the new agent. I let her know all my emotions about what just happened, you could guess at what that felt like, and gave a brief history of the case. She then actually put me on to a supervisor. I couldn’t believe it. To be honest I think she was appalled at what just happened. Anyway supervisor had more privileges then the agent and was able to ring the departments directly that was necessary to get answers. That outcome being. Yes Eircom will cancel my account and I do not have to pay a cancellation fee, however, I will have to pay for the months I have been using the service. Fair enough?....No I don’t believe so.

Now let me explain. I do not believe in something for nothing. When I asked to cancel my account in December I had already dealt with Eircom on many occasions on the phone and realised the big problems in customer service. My December bill was at €79 and there was nearly €230 going to be debited from my bank account in the next few days that included January. So I explained to the agent I would be cancelling the direct debit as “I was more confident in me paying Eircom at a later date than Eircom refunding me the money”. Just to repeat: I signed up for Eircom in November, and my January 6th bill was going to be €230, the offer I signed up was €54 per month. 

I knew that once the phone calls where listened to I would be proved correct and have justification for cancelling and so after New Year’s day I went into Vodafone and tried to sign up for a new phone and broadband contract. They informed me that Eircom blocked my phone number from porting (transferring). I then rang Sky and asked to sign up for their broadband and they informed me they could not as they use Eircom lines.  When I next spoke to Eircom I explained to them that they would need to hurry up with the cancelation as I was not willing to pay for use of their services as I did not have any other options. I need my phone and I need the internet for my work. So here we are 5 months later and I’m explaining to the supervisor why I will not be paying. He said that if I never touched my phone or broadband then they would not be looking for the money and that all companies would expect that to be paid too. I explained that I not being able to move provider during the process was the equivalent of holding me to ransom for 5 months as I could not afford not to use my phone or broadband as my job is dependent on it. He explained that I as an Eircom customer would have agreed to their complaints policy, I said yes of course, but I was constantly told a complaint process would take a maximum of 10 days. He replied “That’s for a standard complaint and yours is not standard”. Regardless of it being Standard or not, it should not have taken so long and I should not be made pay for the time it took to solve this issue. I am willing to pay everything I owe up until December 30th.  

That was the last I spoke with Eircom directly 17th of April. The supervisor, who might I add, was very good at his job. Although he could not give me what I wanted I understand he is just following procedure. The final thing he said though was that he is getting me a final figure of what I owe Eircom and is currently working on disconnection. The disconnection went through immediately however I was without a number until yesterday, 26th of April*. I’m not just saying this for drama but I have actually missed out on two jobs (I know of) as people could not contact my phone. I have since never received contact from the supervisor by phone or email with the final amount owed. Have I mentioned that I never once received a call or email from Eircom during this whole 5 months?

*When I knew I was disconnected entirely from E-Mobile I went to Meteor to do a transfer my number. This process took over a week and the whole time the agent from meteor kept in constant contact with me. He flat out got fed up with Emobile lying to him every day that the number will be transferred. I said to him could you imagine that for five months. But the point im raising here is how he kept in contact with me with absolutely nothing to gain as these lads work on commission. Customer service is what he offered me.

So that’s the update. I know its long but nothing is simple when you are dealing with these Eircom Cowboys. So if “Al” or any other of the Eircom agents bother to read this reply Im going to leave with some questions.

How do I go about appealing the payment of Eircom after December 30th?

When am I going to get an apology for disconnecting my phone number when I needed it most, whilst I was working in the UK for the last 3 weeks? Might I also add that I was told on two occasions “That until the matter was solved my services would not be affected”!

Throughout this whole process I have been on the verge of literally crying with frustration, a feeling I have not felt since I was probably 5 years old. I have dealt with two amazing customer service agents and one equally good supervisor and apart from that I would estimate in my 30+ phone calls, online web chat and boards.ie, the reaming agents have been terrible. Rude, arrogant, obnoxious, incompetent, liars and completely lacking empathy.  The amount of times I have been transferred in circles, the amount of times I have been hung up on… I can honestly not count on two hands. The communication between eircom and emobile is non-existent. The communication between customer service agents and other departments is non-existent. For example the amount of times my complaint was sent to a department and no answers where given because that agent was missing information. You think that they would then ask for this information from the customer service agent. No….It gets lost in a “back office”. Eircom’s word not mine.

I also was never once contacted by any members of eircom. Regardless the fact I was told on many occasions someone would ring me.
    I was never emailed by Eircom. Regardless of the 8 times I sent in a written complaint. I never even received a generic response to say my email had been received.

I was never offered any apology for the whole process nor was any compensation offered for the inconvenience and stress caused. Even when it was proved that I was correct.

It saddens me that an Irish company can be like this, this has been a horrible HORRIBLE experience and the least I expected was a sincere apology, which I never got. I never actually liked the term The Customer Is Always Right but I do believe there needs to be some sort of respect for this. Something which Eircom certainly does not believe.

What worries me is I had to ring Eircom myself every couple of weeks to see what was the update on my complaint and each time I did ring I was always told my case was resolved! How many thousands of customers complaints are swept under the rug like this. I cant imagine I am unique to this customer "service". How many people would have just not bothered follwing through?

I would strongly suggest people avoid Eircom. 

Update for my huge trouble I am having with this crowd.

I have sent a letter 3 months ago to cancel.
    Rang to find out why still getting huge bills oh they never got any letter.
    Emailed complaints department and 15 working days pass still no contact even though they are to reply within 10 working days.
    Called again and surprise surprise they have not added complaint to account.

So I am then put on priority list now that was Friday 2weeks ago and still no contact.
    They have illegally taken money off my visa and huge bills coming in looking for over €900 and every time I try to find out why they have been no help although this changed the last call I made I got a woman who actually knew what she was doing and found money that was paid was never put off account.

Now no broadband as its disconnected but still been billed.

I am seriously upset, stressed and extremely annoyed at how I a paying customer has been treated.

Disgusted with eircom and they should take my matter seriously as I will be letting everyone I know what they are like and hopefully others will read this and stay well clear.

Wow Androl...just wow!!
    Please make comreg aware of this situation.

This thread should be stickied for people to read why they should avoid Eircom.

That's simply not good enough. How the reps here can stand over their work here is unbelievable.

Wonder will they post here....will they feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

I think anyone decent would have left eircom by now so its mostly cowboys and people who are bad at their jobs still remaining. that story is truly horiffic, do not pay them a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

"*When I knew I was disconnected entirely from E-Mobile I went to Meteor to do a transfer my number. This process took over a week and the whole time the agent from meteor kept in constant contact with me. He flat out got fed up with Emobile lying to him every day that the number will be transferred. 

I would strongly suggest people avoid Eircom." 

Remember Meteor are owned by Eircom and essentially the same company. Look at all the Eircom/Meteor shops that are around. Definitely avoid them as well.

Also I don't think there is such a thing as a non-standard complaint and all complaints must be dealt with apppropriately. Definitely get in touch with comreg...

thehouses wrote: »
    "*When I knew I was disconnected entirely from E-Mobile I went to Meteor to do a transfer my number. This process took over a week and the whole time the agent from meteor kept in constant contact with me. He flat out got fed up with Emobile lying to him every day that the number will be transferred. 

Remember Meteor are owned by Eircom and essentially the same company. Look at all the Eircom/Meteor shops that are around. Definitely avoid them as well.

Also I don't think there is such a thing as a non-standard complaint and all complaints must be dealt with apppropriately. Definitely get in touch with comreg...
    It would be very interesting to know what a "standard" complaint is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'm an Eircom customer and I've had very few problems with them. Saying that, I've never had to deal with their customer care which sounds like an absolute fúcking nightmare. I have been following this thread for a good while and I absolutely dread the day I do have to deal with them. My blood is boiling reading the back and forth between you and the Eircom representatives. I hope you're shítty situation gets sorted soon...

dub45 wrote: »

It would be very interesting to know what a "standard" complaint is!
    I queried this as soon as he said it. His response was "Mine is clearly not standard". When I asked why, he had no response.

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]

This is actually the reason why I did a sim swap to Meteor as I presumed it might be the safest option for a smooth transition. Plus I only swapped to pre pay. Although I will say there is quite the division between the two companies and although I did sign up for eMobile in a meteor store, whilst they are owned by Eircom, it’s a separate call centre/team than Eircom/eMobile. 

The lads in the meteor store where great help and had no nice words to speak of their eMobile colleagues. They do not like the division that is caused by eMobile and customers. For example here is another issue which happened that I didn't say. As my "issue" was being "handled" my phone broke and I needed to get a sim replacement as my sim card was too small for my spare phone. So the lads in Meteor went to do a sim swap, however it would not go through on their system. So they rang up eMobile to ask them to authorize it and they wouldn’t because my account was in "debt". The lad in meteor explained the situation and still eMobile would not authorize. When the agent in Meteor quizzed at what I was left to do, the response was "Tell him to PURCHASE an adapter to make it fit into spare phone. The Meteor was furious that he would even suggest this. One of the other Meteor agents heard what was happening and so gave me his own personal adapter. So for my understanding although Meteor might be owned by Eircom/eMobile I will say I was always Meteor and never had an issue.

I will be going back to post pay (bill phone) and its a pity because I've never had an issue with Meteor however the thought of Eircom getting a single penny from me is not gonna happen!

Advertisement