Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Customer Service!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

So no reply from Eircom even on this board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

So no reply from Eircom even on this board?
    Hi Kenzie Tinkling Batter

Firstly I would like to apologise for the disappointing experience you have had with eircom. I understand this has caused you great inconvenience and in consideration of previous issues I have now raised a complaint for investigation on the terms of appealing appealing payment after December 30th. I will PM you the Complaint reference number now.

I have also requested a manager in the complaints team to assign this case with urgency. As soon as your appeal is investigated you will be contacted. If you have a new or preferred contact number please feel free to PM it to me and I will add it to the case notes.[font=Calibri","sans-serif]

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Al how long can it take to sort a problem.

You haven't got back to me at all.

Thanks eircon for all the stress and loss of money.

Disgusted.

Disgusted.
    Hi punisher5112

I had replied to you earlier today on another thread, just in case you don't see it I had replied with the following:

"According to your complaints case notes there was number of attempts to contact you however there had been no answer. Because there was no answer a Letter is being arranged by post. The case reference number is 1815465 and the Letter will be with you this week.

Thanks
    Al"

Disgusted.
    Hi punisher5112

I had replied to you earlier today on another thread, just in case you don't see it I had replied with the following:

"According to your complaints case notes there was number of attempts to contact you however there had been no answer. Because there was no answer a Letter is being arranged by post. The case reference number is 1815465 and the Letter will be with you this week.

Thanks
    Al"

I have replied to you on the other thread and can you please help as the stress of the whole thing is too much.

• Advertisement

Just an update. 

I received a call from Eircom on Thursday and the agent explained to me that Eircom will bring down the charges to the original price I was offered when I signed up and that I would not be paying cancellation charges. So basically I waited 3 weeks for an agent to tell me exactly what I was told previously. Ha ha.  So I calmly asked her what department she was from and asked did she know exactly what complaint she was dealing with. She explained that she was from The Complaints team and that I would have to pay for the service I used. So I explained why I think its shocking to ask me to pay for the service I used and because she was from the Complaints team I asked why she never responded to 5+ emails I sent. She was a little shocked herself that I never received a reply and said she would investigate it and get back to me the next day.

So Friday she rang back as she promised and said she read the emails and apologised profusely for never replying and indeed for the whole situation and then told me that they will wipe all charges. Done. Situation is resolved. The fight is over. 

This has without doubt been my worst experience with a provider of any service I purchased. I will certainly not ever use Eircom in any capacity ever again. For those of you currently "fighting" with Eircom I would recommend you keep going and to not get too stressed, don't let it consume you. Something I only learned towards the end of this ordeal. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I have been following this from the very start and I am personally delighted for you. Reading through this makes me angry so can't imagine what you've been through. I won't be using Eircom myself ever after witnessing all this. Well done androl in sticking at it and not bending over for eircom. 

Wow androl that is great news I wonder will my problem work out as well as yours has.

I am still waiting to be contacted by the com plaints team and at this stage I am really annoyed and drained about the whole thing.

Wow androl that is great news I wonder will my problem work out as well as yours has.

I am still waiting to be contacted by the com plaints team and at this stage I am really annoyed and drained about the whole thing.
    It will if you stay on top of it. Don't let it consume you. Ask for your complaint to be clearly written in the notes and then get the agents name. So when you ring up and ask for updates etc... ask the new agent to read the last note added by X and all the information will be there. The worst part of the process for me was repeating myself time and time again. This made my life a lot easier. I would literally say. "Put me on hold and take your time to go through the last note by X and then we go from there". Best of luck

Just an update. 

I received a call from Eircom on Thursday and the agent explained to me that Eircom will bring down the charges to the original price I was offered when I signed up and that I would not be paying cancellation charges. So basically I waited 3 weeks for an agent to tell me exactly what I was told previously. Ha ha.  So I calmly asked her what department she was from and asked did she know exactly what complaint she was dealing with. She explained that she was from The Complaints team and that I would have to pay for the service I used. So I explained why I think its shocking to ask me to pay for the service I used and because she was from the Complaints team I asked why she never responded to 5+ emails I sent. She was a little shocked herself that I never received a reply and said she would investigate it and get back to me the next day.

So Friday she rang back as she promised and said she read the emails and apologised profusely for never replying and indeed for the whole situation and then told me that they will wipe all charges. Done. Situation is resolved. The fight is over. 

This has without doubt been my worst experience with a provider of any service I purchased. I will certainly not ever use Eircom in any capacity ever again. For those of you currently "fighting" with Eircom I would recommend you keep going and to not get too stressed, don't let it consume you. Something I only learned towards the end of this ordeal. 
    Hi Kenzie Tinkling Batter

I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved. It's clear to see that apologies are in order & I am very sorry for the delays in resolving this as it's indeed clear to see this went on far too long to be deemed as acceptable.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Eircom Al are you going to help?

My ordeal has also been going on since the start on December and still I am been ignored.

I have not been contacted by complaints team and I am very upset over the whole situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

9bred4 wrote: »
    I won't be using Eircom myself ever after witnessing all this. Well done androl in sticking at it and not bending over for eircom. 
    Make sure and add Meteor to that as they are the same company. 

Advertisement