Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameras on lights childers road Aldi

• 18-03-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

What is the purpose of the cameras on the lights just at Aldi coming from the roundabout, speed or just monitoring traffic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Traffic monitoring I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

What is the purpose of the cameras on the lights just at Aldi coming from the roundabout, speed or just monitoring traffic?

They're traffic monitoring cameras. They're on a lot of lights around the city. It's how they can tell that nearly 20% of drivers break the lights. It really annoys me that they can't be used by the guards fine and penalty point the offenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lemonandlime22

They're traffic monitoring cameras. They're on a lot of lights around the city. It's how they can tell that nearly 20% of drivers break the lights. It really annoys me that they can't be used by the guards fine and penalty point the offenders.

I've seen people do this, why can't they be used to catch people?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I've seen people do this, why can't they be used to catch people?

AFAIK it would need government legislation to make the camera footage admissible as evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

AFAIK it would need government legislation to make the camera footage admissible as evidence.
    Sounds like work for them. What's the problem? They're lazy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

These are sensors not cameras, the lights are pedestrian crossing and the sensors detect a gap in traffic when the lights can be changed safely.

You will see them in town also when you stand next to some(look up) of the new lights, they detect you standing there and if you walk away after pressing the button the lights won't change and will reset.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Ah well...the cops would do feck all about red lights
    Today I seen a Paddywagon reverse back off the road to the tunnel and another cop car park on the non-parking part of the road to get their lunch in Tesco Coonagh cross..lots of free spaces within 10 feet..enforcement my hole, cops are as bad for minor traffic offences as the rest of us.

Advertisement