Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost passport and visa acquired already

Options
  • 18-03-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just looking to get a bit of info of anyone has experienced this issue. I was out with the other half the weekend and cannot find my passport anywhere. Rang the bars no luck, and taxi driver would be like finding a needle in a hay stack

I already have my visa for 2015 so as ill have to get a new passport would this have any affect on my current visa?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 speechie1991

Hi there, I was in your exact situation- except I lost the passport in an airport and the work permit along with it...I think you'll be grand. I had to replace both the passport and permit and was issued a copy of the same permit they'd given me in my original application- it even has my old passport number on it rather than my current passport number. I was told I just need to bring extra ID and a photocopy of my old passport in case I get asked by anyone in the Canadian Border Services Agency why my passport number is different on the permit. The main thing they seem to care about is that the permit is still in date.

If you want to be absolutely sure of where you stand with it, give CIC a ring- just be warned, they keep you waiting on the phone for a while. Either that or you could contact the Irish Canadian Immigration Centre. They're fairly helpful.
    Hope that helps.

Advertisement