Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STROLLERS Baby jogger city mini GT

Options
  • 18-03-2015 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

Buggy threads are done to death so sorry.

I hate buggys and never found one i was too keen on until i done a bit of double buggy shopping. i have the baby jogger city mini double and it is fantastic but my daughter is nearly 3 and walks most of the time.

I bought it in november second hand but lately she walks beside me. so thining of going back to a single. i got by for months with a single and a sling so ill still have the sling if toddler got tired.

So since i love the double i was looking at the single and discovered the GT model which is all terrain. that looks great as i like to go through forrests etc as well.

Now the regular buggys are off limits for me due to medical problems with my hands so pushing a 2 handled stroller hurts (i currently have one and cant manage it) so i need a bar.

I have a loan of a single with a bar which is similar to out and about but too big and awkward to fold and get in and out of boot. (especially with my hands being sore)

Has anybody got the GT or has anyone tried the regular in forrest areas. thinking gt may be better for that. but my kids are nearly 1 and 3 and may not have anymore so a bit reluctant to fork out so much now. i will be selling the double and the stroller though so it should help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I don't have one but there are mothers at the playschool who love them.
    For a lot of people it seems to be a close call between the out n about single and the GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Yea the guys in tralee nursery recommended either. Ive no where to try them. 2 local mums said i could try theirs but 1 hasnt got back to me yet the other said i could try hers at weekend (the gt ). It has to be able to move one hamded and be easy fold and lift in and out of boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

The gt is really nice suucee. I tried it but decided to go for the normal city mini as it was slighter lighter than the gt. But the gt has better wheels and I 'think' a height adjustable push bar which the normal city mini doesn't. If they were the same weight I would've defo gotten the gt. But i just wanted the lightest stroller. And for the amount our single would be used we didn't really need the all terrain wheels (as we mostly use the double).

• Registered Users Posts: 31 edison

I have the city mini gt and would definitely recommend it; very easy to manoeuvre one handed, bar is height adjustable and the one hand fold is very easy to manage Haven't been on overly rough terrain but it's been no bother over a few fields. Wheels come on & off really easily too for storage. My boy is only 18 months and there's loads of room for him to grow in it. I bought in December off Winstanleys pramworld for 315gbp which included rain cover; best price I could find by far, although with current exchange rates mightn't be as big a saving anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

We have the GT here and are big fans :) Spent Paddy's day walking through the forest! Very comfortable for our little lady, we walked for 1.5 hours and there wasn't a peep out of her, she loved her hike! Only thing I would say is don't get the baby jogger footmuff as we found it a bit short :(

Have you tried searching for one 2nd hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I was the same as you Saucee, looked at loads of buggies and couldn't justify the cost of the GT, so I kept looking. Nothing I looked at compared to the GT tbh, so I hit on a Mothercare 20% off evening and got it for €360. I absolutely love it! It is so easily manoeuvred, you could steer it with your baby finger. The one hand fold is amazing. I do a lot of Forrest/rough terrain walking and it's child play to the GT. If I had any complaints, it's that it's quite heavy and bulky, but I suppose it has to be in order to be so rugged. I love it and don't regret it for a minute. They have a great second hand value too, so you might make some money back when it comes time to sell. They're like hens teeth second hand, if you see one - grab it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I decided to get it. I cant manage the regular stroller at all due to there being 2 handles so i sold that.
    Not one second hand in sight so went new for 425 including delivery.
    I will hold on to my double for another wee while and see how we get on. my 3yr walks loads and is very good but even just today it was grand to pop her in to go on a long brisk walk . .
    The guys in tralee nursery were so helpful and told me best not to get the footmuff as not a great size. So i bought a universal one. i like to keep it in even as a liner over the summer to protect the seat. Easier pull that off and wash if needed.
    Im expecting it monday so will be back to let ye know.
    Im hoping im happy with it .
    Being used to pushing a double a single is deff going to be much lighter .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Well wear Saucee!

Advertisement