Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Trading Card Game health

• 18-03-2015 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Good evening everyone!

i'm moving to Ireland in a couple of weeks, and even if it isn't my primary concern, i'm wondering what kind of TCG actualy exist in ireland.

Execpt magic the gathering, what other trading card game? Netrunner, warhammer invasion\conquest? yu-ghi-ho? (i don't even know how to write it...) Force of will? Weiss Schwarz?

Sincerely, thx a lot for you'r (future) replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

lionross wrote: »
    Good evening everyone!

i'm moving to Ireland in a couple of weeks, and even if it isn't my primary concern, i'm wondering what kind of TCG actualy exist in ireland.

Execpt magic the gathering, what other trading card game? Netrunner, warhammer invasion\conquest? yu-ghi-ho? (i don't even know how to write it...) Force of will? Weiss Schwarz?

What part are you moving to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

lionross wrote: »
    Good evening everyone!

Apart from playing some YU-ghi-oh a few years back I don't really know alot about it ,but I did ask around among friends who play Netrunner.They tell me netrunner is huge in dublin.
    One who has played tons of Netrunner in the past ,tells me Doom town will be the next big thing. He has been playing it a lot the last few weeks.
    He sent me link if you want to check it out.

http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/videos/v/review-doomtown/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

I was at Leprecon a couple of weeks ago and the guy organising the Yugioh competition was saying that they have weekly events.

What part of the country you are going to is pretty important information since I think the scene may differ a lot from region to region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

HivemindXX wrote: »
    I was at Leprecon a couple of weeks ago and the guy organising the Yugioh competition was saying that they have weekly events.

What part of the country you are going to is pretty important information since I think the scene may differ a lot from region to region.

Sean from Black kat games??

Netrunner is big in cork dublin and kilkenny, fairly regular events if willing to travel, yu gi oh has a pretty big player base too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Netrunner, Yu-Gi-Oh! and MTG are fairly big all over the country obviously in the bigger cities.

Cardfight! Vanguard is pretty popular in Cork and Limerick. Comes and goes though. I've seen a few guys playing Weiss Schwarz down in Cork as well, dunno if it's really taken off though.

Legend of the Five Rings has pretty hardcore followings in Dublin and Cork as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lionross

Thx for the replies

I will move to Dublin, i think i will have better opportunity to find a job.

Advertisement