Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

best starter car???? :)

Options
  • 18-03-2015 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys,
    I am just waiting on my driving test its in a week and a half but my mother said that I can get a car if I pass, so I have been looking at a few types.

At the moment I am driving my moms car which is a Toyota Corolla, the longish ones.. ( so bad at describing cars)
    But I am looking for a smaller car..
    I was thinking along the lines of a Toyota Yaris...

I am 20 and I will be using it to drive to college and around at home..
    So I want something easy to drive and that looks nice! Also I want a diesel as that's cheaper..
    If people could recommend cars that would be great.. Oh and preferably something fairly cheap to buy and cheap to insure and tax and all that fun stuff! :) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I have a 01 Ford Fiesta, can't go wrong with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

9bred4 wrote: »

Except when they're rotten with rust. Definitely good cars, but can be troublesome when it comes to rust.

A Yaris is a good car, but it is also expensive for what it is as everyone in this country wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ktbelles

I was also thinking of a nissan micra... :/ I just dont know!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If you have a budget it'll be easier to find something suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ktbelles

Amm I was preferring if we didn't go over like 6'000 or 7000 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

9bred4 wrote: »

+1 Have an '03 Fiesta 1.2. Great bloody car.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

Agreed with the fiesta - nice on insurance and generally accepted as good reliable cars. I'm not sure I've seen many diesel fiesta's though. Also look at Renault Clio's and the Opel Corsa's

Advertisement