Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

provident finance

Options
  • 18-03-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I just wanted to know if a provident loan shows up on an ICB check. My brother got a loan from them six years ago when he was very young and long story short he ended up defaulting badly on the loan.
    He is now much older and wiser and is considering applying for a mortgage. Everything else seems to be in his favor.
    Does anyone know if this is something that could hold him back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

quickq987 wrote: »
    I just wanted to know if a provident loan shows up on an ICB check. My brother got a loan from them six years ago when he was very young and long story short he ended up defaulting badly on the loan.
    He is now much older and wiser and is considering applying for a mortgage. Everything else seems to be in his favor.
    Does anyone know if this is something that could hold him back?

ICB.IE doesn't seem to list them,
    So probably best to request a copy of credit report and see what it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 quickq987

Thank you for the reply
    I checked the ICB site and saw they didnt list them. Am shocked to discover the BOI owns this company. Will tell him to request a copy.
    thank you again

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

dobsdave where did you hear that they were owned by BOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Toots wrote: »
    dobsdave where did you hear that they were owned by BOI?

My sister in law works for them unfortunately.

EDIT, I've just googled it and I cant find a connection, I will delete it from my post, sorry for the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 quickq987

So if they are not on the ICB website and not owned by BOI surely taking into account the six years that have passed, this would not show up on a credit check? Sorry but i cant find any information on them in this context.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

100% are not owned by BOI. They're owned by a company in England.

Advertisement