Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is EVision wireless?

Options
  • 18-03-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi

When UPC upped their prices "again" I rang to enquire about adding your TV to my EFibre package. In the course of conversation with your rep. we discussed cabling. I was told that the modem had to be near the TV as they had to be wired. As our modem is in the hall and TV in living room the "War dept." decided she didn't want more cabling put in, so, we didn't bother going ahead.
    I was speaking to someone the other day who has your TV package and they said that it was wireless.
    Would you please advise what cabling, if any, is required from Modem to TV

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi

When UPC upped their prices "again" I rang to enquire about adding your TV to my EFibre package. In the course of conversation with your rep. we discussed cabling. I was told that the modem had to be near the TV as they had to be wired. As our modem is in the hall and TV in living room the "War dept." decided she didn't want more cabling put in, so, we didn't bother going ahead.
    I was speaking to someone the other day who has your TV package and they said that it was wireless.
    Would you please advise what cabling, if any, is required from Modem to TV

Thanks
    Hi Gobethewall

The modem and evision box can be at a distance of 30Ft from the modem and is usually wired via cable run along skirting board in a visibly discreet fashion - in come cases power adapter home plugs are used to transmit the signal instead but that can't be guaranteed so we would always advise a wired connection unless changed at last minute by the installation engineer.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Gobethewall

Hi Al

Thanks for reply.
    Just to confirm. The Modem connects to EVision box by cable, yes? Where is Evision box put?
    I assume it would normally go beside television, which would mean cabling through a wall in my case.
    How then is the box connected to the television? Is this HDMI or wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Al

Thanks for reply.
    Just to confirm. The Modem connects to EVision box by cable, yes? Where is Evision box put?
    I assume it would normally go beside television, which would mean cabling through a wall in my case.
    How then is the box connected to the television? Is this HDMI or wireless?
    Hi Gobethewall

The evision is put in to the area of your choice (usually under or beside the main TV) and the evision box is connected to the TV via HDMI cable.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement