Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona v Man City 2nd Leg, k/o 7.45

• 18-03-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

City have a Messi penalty miss to be thankful for as this tie could have been dead and buried with the last kick off the 1st leg.

As it stands theyve a huge task ahead of them to overturn the first leg defeat amd the way Barca and City are both playing at the moment I just cant see it TBH.

Barca 3-1 on the night for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hard to imagine this City keeping the fearsome foursome (don't forget Pedro!) at bay, another ignominious CL for the Prem ends tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

City's last chance of silverware imo and so should be really up for this. They have the potential to play like they did against Bayern Munich and the same score would put them through. It's unlikely but possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Every Barcelona side is compared to Pep's side. That's really unfair. This side though is a lot better than last year. The form they're currently in if they keep it those comparisons will only grow. You can really only expect one result. Stranger things have happened. City have the reprieve of Barca's first goal being meaningless to them. They need to score two. The other reprieve they have is the classico at the weekend. Barca may try to saunter through the game - and that's city's best chance. Barca start slow city stun them. Things get nervy and who knows. Busquets out will certainly help.

Play this game tens time over and I can only see one winner 9 times. City best hope tonight is that one other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I think an early goal for barca and this city team could fall apart and be on the end of a big loss.

They look like a team that know they won't win anything this year, their big players are off form and I'd seriously doubt the spirit and fight in the squad. Maybe Yaya could actually turn up and do the business with city tonight instead of trying to be best friends with the barca players and high fiving them.

4-1 barca. And pelligrini on the way out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Think this is going to extra time and city to win. Barca will rue only leading 0-2 at HT when it should've been four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Messi to score 302 gols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

City to score but Barca to score more.

Huge game for Kompany and Dimechelis. If they get it right, City have a chance.

Barca: Ter Stegen, Alves, Pique, Mathieu, Alba, Mascherano, Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Neymar.

City: Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Nasri, Fernandinho, Toure, Milner, Silva, Aguero.

Is Kolarov facing Neymar??? Oh no wait, they're putting him on Messi!? WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Milner will play ahead Kolarov I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would say that 70m was cheap for king Luis.

Could be a very long night for City.

• Advertisement

Milner will play ahead Kolarov I guess

That's seem reasonable. I can't understand why zabaleta isn't playing? Is he suspended or injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Poor oul James Milner will have his work cut out for him protecting Demichelis and Kolarov against Messi/Suarez and Dani Alves. Would have given Navas a start as I don't see Nasri as the type of player to track Alba's runs.

City in for a tough night imo, If Toure, Silva and Aguero are all on top of their games they have a chance but I expect Barca to go through comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Poor oul James Milner will have his work cut out for him protecting Demichelis and Kolarov against Messi/Suarez and Dani Alves. Would have given Navas a start as I don't see Nasri as the type of player to track Alba's runs.

City in for a tough night imo, If Toure, Silva and Aguero are all on top of their games they have a chance but I expect Barca to go through comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Turtwig wrote: »
    That's seem reasonable. I can't understand why zabaleta isn't playing? Is he suspended or injured?

He's on the bench, his form is off this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Time for Dunphy to start spoofing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hard to see past a Barca win, can't see them being as wasteful again tonight.

City really have gotten some harsh draws since they started qualifying for the CL.

The game to watch tonight is in Dortmund. Hopefully they rout Juve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Not Ronnie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Would love a City miracle.

K4t wrote: »
    The game to watch tonight is in Dortmund. Hopefully they rout Juve.
    Tevez with a 20 yard top corner screamer in the third minute..1-0 Juve

• Advertisement

Kompany again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What is wrong with Kompany?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jesus what a let off, was already celebrating.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

How did that stay out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Always Kompany. Liability.....

"Best defender in the world....." I hope they feel foolish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

City are going to get a hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great move. City could get smashed here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Thats more like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Milner unlucky not to score there. Just wouldn't fall for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You could watch Messi all year.

Done more in 15 minutes then most will do all game.

If they get lucky City could still get something. First goal will be big

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Is any one else watching this on the RTE player? And if so, is it just me or is it absolute dog shit of a stream? Buffering constantly even on the lowest quality setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

2 mins ago ball bounced off Kolarov was going out when alves kicked it
    against Koarov again who was off pitch.
    That = a corner in my book .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Is any one else watching this on the RTE player? And if so, is it just me or is it absolute dog shit of a stream? Buffering constantly even on the lowest quality setting.

Mines perfect on the Rte player

Fernandinho won't last.

He got the ball there!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Good tackle that, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That was a foul, just cos you touch the ball doesn't mean you can clear out the man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

You could watch Messi all year.

Done more in 15 minutes then most will do all game.

If they get lucky City could still get something. First goal will be big

Messi can fade if he gets frustrated but if, like this evening, he gets some joy then it can turn into a long evening for the opposition. Good luck CIty

Tis garbage,watching it with a fox sports stream.

Fabulous tackle from Silva on Messi = Punished with a yellow card and a free. Joke. Similar to a tackle I made a few years ago under 12, though I was last man so was lucky not to get sent off I suppose..would have been the tie over had Silva been last man there.

• Advertisement

I'm actually watching this on RTE over sky can't stand Neville as Co commentator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

efb wrote: »
    That was a foul, just cos you touch the ball doesn't mean you can clear out the man

Made strong contact on the ball, imo. Shouldn't have been a free, but doubt that the ref could tell that from his position.

Fabulous tackle from Silva on Messi = Punished with a yellow card and a free. Joke. Similar to a tackle I made a few years ago under 12, though I was last man so was lucky not to get sent off I suppose..would have been the tie over had Silva been last man there.

Last man???

efb wrote: »
    It means exactly that, especially as he got the ball first and the technique of the sliding tackle was textbook. As good as tackle as you will see anywhere.

Knex. wrote: »
    Made strong contact on the ball, imo. Shouldn't have been a free, but doubt that the ref could tell that from his position.

You still can't clear out a player!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sensational

Game over. Cracking ball by messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Tackling from behind is a no no, despite whether you get the ball or not.

Sweet goal

Ball.

• Advertisement
Advertisement