Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona v Man City 2nd Leg, k/o 7.45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

JokerD wrote: »
    Strong desire

He gets it!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Not enough guile.

sanchez had an off day

etc etc

Game is dying

No conviction

Money has destroyed the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Seriously, they're on about Barca stepping off it, but without Hart, they still could have won 5-0. Easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Need arrogance in Europe
    Chelsea only English team with that
    They got knocked out too
    But that was a freak result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Obligatory epl is **** post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

One of the best goalkeeping performances I have ever witnessed happened tonight and the man was Joe Hart. Barca were so much better than City and for me have to be favourites right now to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Game is dying

No conviction

Money has destroyed the club

Nasri is a pup.

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nasri is a pup.

Lol.

Mangala useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Weird second half - I'll put that down to the Classico on Sunday (?), Hart was magnificent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Had Sanchez and Neymar finished any of Messis countless world class passes tonight Barca would be out of sight
    Hart had the game of his life. Doesn't detract from my point that had Messi passed it on both occasions, his teammates would have had tap-ins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

How do they CONSTANTLY get so wound up over teams they've no real connection with? It's brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mercenaries'

Dunphy bingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Steven Reid a decent addition, nice balance on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Need arrogance in Europe
    Chelsea only English team with that
    They got knocked out too
    But that was a freak result

No it wasn't. PSG were the better team in the second leg, had Chelsea's number.
    It was 11 vs.10 for most of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

City entered the lions den and, on the surface, they've only left with a few scratches on the surface and their head held high, but its in the aftermath they will feel the full force of the lion, they've opened veins and City are bleeding internally. The great lion Messi pranced about, occasionally swiping at his helpless prey, by the end he was toying with City.

1-0 on the night is kind, 3-1 over two legs is miraculous, how Barcelona haven't scored 6 or 7 is baffling but credit to Joe Hart who was excellent.

Barcelona march on, Luis Enrique has stumbled onto a system that works, a tweak in the philosophy that is making this three pronged attack glisten. They sit top of the Liga, they are in the Copa Del Rey final, they are Champions League semi finalists, those who wrote off Barcelona last season must be choking on their words now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

To many big time charlies in the city dressing room baby

"Toure, a waster. Won't work. Complaining about a birthday cake after winning the championship last year"

:pac:

Toure a waster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Is it ok to prefer Darragh to Bill?Brady highly animated for a change thanks to him.

City entered the lions den and, on the surface, they've only left with a few scratches on the surface and their head held high, but its in the aftermath they will feel the full force of the lion, they've opened veins and City are bleeding internally. The great lion Messi pranced about, occasionally swiping at his helpless prey, by the end he was toying with City.

1-0 on the night is kind, 3-1 over two legs is miraculous, how Barcelona haven't scored 6 or 7 is baffling but credit to Joe Hart who was excellent.

Barcelona march on, Luis Enrique has stumbled onto a system that works, a tweak in the philosophy that is making this three pronged attack glisten. They sit top of the Liga, they are in the Copa Del Rey final, they are Champions League semi finalists, those who wrote off Barcelona last season must be choking on their words now.

That's what I'm talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Were you at the zoo today or something?

David Attenborough definitely.

Is it ok to prefer Darragh to Bill?Brady highly animated for a change thanks to him.

I far prefer Darragh, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Unless youre posting from the future, theyre only in the UCL quarter final :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Just the quarter final to overcome first! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hart had an absolute De Gea in that game

Not a bad showing from the second best player in the world either

Sanchez had a stormer which explains him not showing up last night

Great insight from Reid. The little details the difference at this level with world class players on both sides. It was obvious the Barca players were playing and working with and for each other, as opposed to City who were in the words of Dunphy, nothing more than mercenaries tonight.

WASTER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Barceliona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Did you not want Enrique gone 2 or 3 months ago.

I'm pretty sure you have your own words to eat.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Unless youre posting from the future, theyre only in the UCL quarter final :pac:

I'm just saving myself some time Gav, I won't have to post during the quarter finals now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

They sit top of the Liga, they are in the Copa Del Rey final, they are Champions League semi finalists, those who wrote off Barcelona last season must be choking on their words now.

they haven't won anything yet

I'm just saving myself some time Gav, I won't have to post during the quarter finals now.

Eh, I'm going to hold you to that......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So sick of this tripe at this stage. You are simply insufferable

Jesus how many more time does Steven Reid feel the need to keep referencing the fact Burnley beat them last weekend ' we knew we could disturb them' city would beat them 99 times out of 100 yet he's going on like he's Pele

• Advertisement

Showing the peno again. I love Aguero as a player but that is such a bloody dive.

Kirby wrote: »
    Eh, I'm going to hold you to that......

Haha I say that now but by the time the game rolls around I'll be too excited not to post. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Lionel Secondbessi must feel a bit bad about conspiring to have Enrique sacked now they are top of the league and in the semi finals of the CL according to AIG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Toure, an obvious waster.

monkey9 wrote: »
    So sick of this tripe at this stage. You are simply insufferable
    Nearly 10, time for your pills..
    Jesus how many more time does Steven Reid feel the need to keep referencing the fact Burnley beat them last weekend ' we knew we could disturb them' city would beat them 99 times out of 100 yet he's going on like he's Pele
    lol He made many interesting points. He was spot on imo.

• Advertisement

Lionel Secondbessi must feel a bit bad about conspiring to have Enrique sacked now they are top of the league and in the semi finals of the CL according to AIG

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    I far prefer Darragh, tbh.

Shut your whore mouth!

K4t wrote: »
    Nearly 10, time for your pills..

lol He made many interesting points. He was spot on imo.

Ah he has been good overall in fairness to him I just heard him throw that out a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Lionel Secondbessi

Oh my.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Watching that game was like playing FM when your team won't bloody score, Barcelona were for the taking if City actually bothered to show up

Ah he has been good overall in fairness to him I just heard him throw that out a few times
    He's still on a high I suppose, I don't think he was trying to imply that Burnley were similar in style or tactically to Barca. #Burncelona

It's hard to tell if Toure is in decline or his ego has just reached Kanye type levels, probably a mix of both

Either way I think he was done at City after birthday cake-gate

What's Dunphy talking about.

Celta and Malaga have beaten Barca at the Camp Nou this season.

What's Dunphy talking about.

Celta and Malaga have beaten Barca at the Camp Nou this season.

He doesn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rezident

Dunphy writes off most of the Spanish League, hilarious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement