Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM lodgement---can't enter a narrative & can't lodge to someone else's account witho

Options
  • 18-03-2015 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

why cant I enter a narrative when lodging via the ATM machine [you can do this with AIB &PTSB]

why cant I lodge to someone elses account on the ATM's [you can do this with AIB & PTSB]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi buzz11

Thanks for getting in touch here with your query.

We have recently posted here about our new third party lodgement machines in branches.  At present we've 4 locations available and hoping to expand more. 

Transactions can now be made without the use of the card and you can also input a narrative. 

Hope this helps. As soon as more locations become available, we'll certainly update here.

Thanks for your interest,
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

I made another lodgement on Friday using the ATM machine and it still not possible to enter a description of the lodgement.

Really poor service from BOI, how hard can it be to allow a description ??
    Bic-Graphic-Customer-Service.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Buzz11, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

We would like to investigate this further for you. Can you confirm the location of the LATM which you visited. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 
    Elaine 

The location was Eyre Sq Branch, Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

buzz11 wrote: »
    The location was Eyre Sq Branch, Galway
    Hi buzz11,

Thanks for your reply.

We do not currently have a third party lodgement machine in our Eyre Square branch however we do hope to roll this service out to more branches in the near future.

We will certainly pass on your feedback to our ATM Team.

Sharon

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what you mean by "third party lodgement machine" it sounds very sophisticated but your competition already offers the ability to enter a narrative as standard so BOI is playing catch-up (and very slowly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi buzz11,

Our larger lodgement machines offer the facility to lodge Euro notes to your own account and another persons account (third party) using a Bank of Ireland Visa Debit or ATM Card. In the event you don’t have a card, we have touch screen functionality which allows you to make ‘Cardless’ lodgements. You also have the option to input your own transaction narrative/description.

We'd also like to clarify, our branch in Eyre Square does have a Third Party Lodgement machine and apologies that we incorrectly advised it didn't. 

For a full listing of branches offering this service, please see our recently updated sticky here. If you should require assistance with using the Third Party Lodgement machine, a Welcome Advisor in the branch will be more than happy to help.

Thanks
    Tara

Six months later and its still not possible to enter a narrative when making a lodgement at a machine.

If senior management is looking at this forum maybe they could fire up the IT dept and get this basic feature working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭Tow

Senior management fired the IT dept years ago. It is all outsourced of the lowest bidder, which is the root cause of their problems.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi buzz11, thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm there’s a 3rd party lodgement machine located in our Eyre Square branch and as Tara mentioned previously on this thread you can include a narrative on the transaction.
    If you need any assistance using the machine a member of staff in the branch will be happy to help you.

Please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.
    Nicola

• Advertisement

I can confirm there’s a 3rd party lodgement machine located in our Eyre Square branch and as Tara mentioned previously on this thread you can include a narrative on the transaction.
    If you need any assistance using the machine a member of staff in the branch will be happy to help you.

Nicola
    I was in the eyre sq branch today, 1 machine out of order leaving 1 machine left to make lodgements

Guess what?   YOU CANT MAKE LODGEMENTS TO SOMEONE ELSE'S ACCOUNT !!

I'd just come from AIB where this can be done very quickly and efficiently with no fuss or hassle.

Contrast to Bank of Ireland where they are still in the dark ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

buzz11 wrote: »

Nicola
    I was in the eyre sq branch today, 1 machine out of order leaving 1 machine left to make lodgements

Guess what?   YOU CANT MAKE LODGEMENTS TO SOMEONE ELSE'S ACCOUNT !!

I'd just come from AIB where this can be done very quickly and efficiently with no fuss or hassle.

Contrast to Bank of Ireland where they are still in the dark ages.
    Hi buzz11

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

We have checked with Eyre Square Branch, there are 2 third party lodgement machines in the lobby and also a Card Lodgement Machine.

One of the third party lodgement machines is out of order, although there is another third party lodgement machine in the lobby you can use, you may not have seen this as it has a privacy screen in front.

Hope the information helps.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement