Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minix Neo Z64 Win 8.1 Fanless Mini PC

• 18-03-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been an Android media box user for a number of years primarily for streaming media from a NAS, online sport streaming and watching Netflix but I'm thinking of migrating to this Win 8.1 box http://www.minix.com.hk/News/15012318255340.html

I believe I'll get a better/more stable XBMC/KODI experience on the Win 8.1 platform Vs Android and Netflix will run in HD on Chrome whereas the Android App is only SD for some bizarre reason.

Another side benefit is becuase it's Windows I'll be able to load Minecraft and let my 10 year old go from playing on an old 12" screen laptop to a 40" HD TV which should bring a major smile to her face :D

Anyway, I'm just wondering if this is the right place to get some user feedback on the use of Win 8.1. media boxes. Is it worth switching or is the end experience (excluding the Minecraft bit) more or less the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Freaktab have a sub-forum dedicated to Windows mini PCs and the general consensus there amongst mostly hardened Android heads are that the Windows Mini PCs are head and shoulders above any of the Android boxes and as you outline are very versatile.

Take a read there for more info.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks Do-More, I'll have a read.

Advertisement