Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evision improvements?

Options
  • 18-03-2015 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭

Hello eircom,

Are there any improvements planned for the eVision hardware? There's a couple of annoying issues that so far haven't been fixed since introduction:
    • Series Link often records every single occurence of a particular program on a channel, including repeats. On some channels this can mean 10+ recordings of the exact same episode of a programme each week.
    • Can the programme information be updated to include Series and Episode details? Really miss this feature from Sky...
    • Every 2-3 days the main eVision recorder box goes into a weird state where there is sound but no picture on all programmes. This happens on both "live" TV and previously recorded programmes. The on-screen user interface and menus display as normal, just no video. A reboot is needed to bring the picture back. The multiroom box doesn't have this issue.
    • Is there anyway of switching off the "carousel" effect when browsing recordings and reverting to a "grid" version instead? If you've anything more than a few recordings in the planner it's very annoying trying to scroll through lots of tiny little icons when a text grid is a lot easier to browse.
    • Any plans to introduce Catch-up like TV3 Player, RTÉ Player, etc.?
    [*]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

Would also like to know this, as series record is terrible and recorded programs could be displayed better so you don't have to flick through everything to find the recorded program you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Would also like to mention the issues when recordings are about to clash with a programme you are currently watching. 
    The programmes actively showing on the channels that are set to have a programme recorded, are displayed at the side with a warning that there is a conflict, but you can't scroll forward to see what the actual recording that is due to start on these channels is. 

This makes it impossible to know what you can or can't cancel where you haven't set the recording yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

We'll take that as a no then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kensington wrote: »
    Hello eircom,

Are there any improvements planned for the eVision hardware? There's a couple of annoying issues that so far haven't been fixed since introduction:
    • Series Link often records every single occurence of a particular program on a channel, including repeats. On some channels this can mean 10+ recordings of the exact same episode of a programme each week.
    • Can the programme information be updated to include Series and Episode details? Really miss this feature from Sky...
    • Every 2-3 days the main eVision recorder box goes into a weird state where there is sound but no picture on all programmes. This happens on both "live" TV and previously recorded programmes. The on-screen user interface and menus display as normal, just no video. A reboot is needed to bring the picture back. The multiroom box doesn't have this issue.
    • Is there anyway of switching off the "carousel" effect when browsing recordings and reverting to a "grid" version instead? If you've anything more than a few recordings in the planner it's very annoying trying to scroll through lots of tiny little icons when a text grid is a lot easier to browse.

[*]

[*]
    Hi Kensington

Thanks for your feedback, I have passed this to our eVision operations team for their consideration in future plans.

I can confirm that there is a new evision box in consideration at the moment, the specifications are not available yet but we hope to have more news on this in the coming months

I do understand the disappointment with the series link and at present the link will cover repeats and also as new episode - this has been raised before and I have passed on similar feedback. At present there is no way to change the view to grid in recordings I'm afraid.

While there is no date or timeframe scheduled for the release of catch-up players this is something that is popular industry wide and hopefully we should have more news on that within the next few months.

Once again, thanks for your feedback, This will surely help operations get a feel of the customer reception which I'm sure will contribute to the improvement of evision.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Hello eircom,

[*]

[*]
    Hi Kensington

Thanks for your feedback, I have passed this to our eVision operations team for their consideration in future plans.

I can confirm that there is a new evision box in consideration at the moment, the specifications are not available yet but we hope to have more news on this in the coming months

I do understand the disappointment with the series link and at present the link will cover repeats and also as new episode - this has been raised before and I have passed on similar feedback. At present there is no way to change the view to grid in recordings I'm afraid.

While there is no date or timeframe scheduled for the release of catch-up players this is something that is popular industry wide and hopefully we should have more news on that within the next few months.

Once again, thanks for your feedback, This will surely help operations get a feel of the customer reception which I'm sure will contribute to the improvement of evision.

Thanks
    Al
    [*]
    Thanks Al.

The new eVision box sounds interesting! Hopefully there'll be details very soon (TiVO would be great!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello eircom,

[*]

[*]
    Hi Kensington

Thanks
    Al

[*]
    Thanks Al.

The new eVision box sounds interesting! Hopefully there'll be details very soon (TiVO would be great!)
    [*]
    Thanks Kensington

As soon as we have more news I'll do my best to let you know

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement