Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unity 3D (MonoDevelop) and MySQL

• 18-03-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I'm having massive trouble with getting Monodevelop using c# to connect directly to a database.

I keep adding the connector (V4.5) "MySql.Data.dll" into the references of the project but every time i restart the engine the library goes missing.

When i add the library and type in "using MySql." into developer it's shows me the ".data" in its auto complete but the error "Assets/Scripts/Mysqltests.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MySql' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?" in the console.

I'm using unity 4 on windows 8.

I've installed this connector as well: dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

This is something I have wanted to do for a while but never looked into it properly.
    All i can offer is to make sure it isn't related to the name space at the top of scripts.
    using systems.collections.generic etc etc
    I know I have to add some when using lists in C# for Unity.

Advertisement