Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying From Alibaba For The First Time

Options
  • 18-03-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I am thinking about buying some products on alibaba. I am only buying a small ammount. I have been contacting the seller who gave me the best quote through email. I want to buy some of their products but I have never bought on alibaba before and would like some information and what to be careful about. I am buying phone cases. The seller does not accept paypal and only accepts western union and bank transfer etc. The seller has gold supplier for 1 year. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

If you're only buying a small amount, then try buying through aliexpress.com

Once you buy from someone with decent feedback who's been operating there for a while then you should be ok. You pay aliexpress, and when you have received the goods the payment is then released by them to the seller.

I definitely wouldn't be paying by Western Union or bank transfer as you have absolutely no comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

I am buying from alibaba not aliexpress so I can only use bank transfer or western union.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SW98 wrote: »
    I am buying from alibaba not aliexpress so I can only use bank transfer or western union.

In that case be prepared to lose the money you send. You have practically zero comeback.

Well I'm not guaranteed to lose my money. Is there any way of checking how safe a seller is.

Well I'm not guaranteed to lose my money. Is there any way of checking how safe a seller is.

No, you're not guaranteed to lose your money. But you're not guaranteed to ever see it again. Bank Transfer and Western Union are the worst ways to pay for something. they have no comeback.

• Advertisement

They are the only ways you can pay for stuff on alibaba. There isn't any other ways really.

They are the only ways you can pay for stuff on alibaba. There isn't any other ways really.

well then you pays your money and you takes your chances.

How can I check if a seller is legit. I have looked up the companies but some say that they are good and some say that they are a scam.

Advertisement