Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new and FREE Soundtoys plugin, 'Little Altar Boy' ...vox fx

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

uploaded an audio demo of Soundtoys Little AlterBoy in action : )

https://soundcloud.com/little-alterboy/little-alterboy-bushisms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

SameHorse wrote: »
    uploaded an audio demo of Soundtoys Little AlterBoy in action : )

https://soundcloud.com/little-alterboy/little-alterboy-bushisms

I'd have got it but you need an iLock account :-(

mordeith wrote: »
    I'd have got it but you need an iLock account :-(

and you're against using ilok in principle ?

because some things have changed lately that you might not be aware of.
    primarily ilok can now use software protection (in effect it works in the same way as any other challenge/response systems you might be using i.e ableton or native instruments), OR a dongle. So you can choose if you want to authorise your computer, or your dongle. You use a license manager app (like native instruments service centre) that can transfer the license from computer to computer, or from computer to dongle. I haven't looked in to it, but I think the plugin dev might have to allow the software license before it works like this. So, some devs might still insist on dongle only. But I'm really not sure. It could just as easily be the same system (computer authorisation or dongle authorisation) right across the ilok spectrum. At any rate, Soundtoys plugins work like this.

and it's free to setup an ilok account.

also, i've been using ilok and elicenser dongles for years, the best part of 10, and have never had any issues. in fact, any time I've had to re-install an OS it's always been significantly faster to get my ilok/elicenser protected stuff installed...

i think the internet is a bit of an echo chamber, and the very early teething problems of pace protection still echo around. in my experience the people who moan the loudest about dongle protection often have no experience with it, much less any 'horror story' to be upset about...

your mileage may vary : )

get your free Soundtoys Little AlterBoy here:

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2015/&rc=386-3419-558

check out the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt8pFK6fJk4

soundtoys plugins are top class, i used them alot in the track i submitted here recently in the 'post your tracks' thread.

by the way, I noticed I spelled it wrong in the first post but I can't edit it now (except by quoting it) ... it's actually called 'Little AlterBoy' ... Alter (As in to change), not Altar (As in the thing priests use)... suppose I should have copped on .... I was wondering why such an odd name for a vocal fx ; ) Then the penny dropped : )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

by the way, I noticed I spelled it wrong in the first post but I can't edit it now (except by quoting it) ... it's actually called 'Little AlterBoy' ... Alter (As in to change), not Altar (As in the thing priests use)... suppose I should have copped on .... I was wondering why such an odd name for a vocal fx ; ) Then the penny dropped : )

That did throw me as I was hoping it was a choir vst.
    Not against iLok itself I suppose it's just I have Waves license centre for the One Knob series and if keeps loosing the licences.

• Advertisement

mordeith wrote: »
    That did throw me as I was hoping it was a choir vst.
    Not against iLok itself I suppose it's just I have Waves license centre for the One Knob series and if keeps loosing the licences.

sorry to hear that mate. all i can say is I've had no such issues with ilok/elicenser in all my years. nor waves license for that matter. but i can see why you'd be cautious about such systems if the Waves License app is giving you guff.

on the other hand - it's free (until tomorrow) - so if it does give you guff, a la your waves experience, well you're not out of pocket.

:shrug:

Here's another movie audio demo anyway of Little AlterBoy in action. This time audio is taken from the unnerving and hilarious scene of President 'Merkin Muffley' warning the Soviet Premier 'Dmitri Kissof' of rogue and incoming nuclear bombers, from Stanley Kubrick's 'Dr Strangelove'.... ; )

https://soundcloud.com/little-alterboy/little-alterboy-president-merkin-muffley-vs-premier-dmitri-kissof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

any chance of somebody sending me the dmg for this, i was away :(

great demos Samehorse

the dmg wouldn't do you any good without the license... your best bet is to contact soundtoys directly, I pm'd you contact details

Advertisement