Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some pics from Cartagena track trip

• 18-03-2015 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭

Just received the pics today. Great to have some good shots of the track and some nice action pics to remember it by. We did 3 full days on the track with mountains of track time (would need more fitness if going back!) and had great banter and a few drinks after it all. The trip was organised by Woolsey Coulter up north and cost around 850 quid for the track time, accomodation and shipping (flights extra!).

Would love to get back again at some stage with a nice race bike :pac:

Some of me
    Aaron%20OHara-33.jpg
    Aaron%20OHara-31.jpg
    Aaron%20OHara-26.jpg
    Aaron%20OHara-23.jpg
    Aaron%20OHara-20.jpg
    Aaron%20OHara-17.jpg
    Aaron%20OHara-11.jpg

And general track shots

Track%20amp%20Group%20Shots%2022.jpg
    Track%20amp%20Group%20Shots%2032.jpg
    Track%20amp%20Group%20Shots%2051.jpg
    Track%20amp%20Group%20Shots%2001.jpg
    Track%20amp%20Group%20Shots%2009.jpg
    Track%20amp%20Group%20Shots%2038.jpg
    Track%20amp%20Group%20Shots%2045.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Fantastic pics. 850 quid seems like a very good price for all that. I would have thought it would cost that alone to ship the bike. Are you not nervous dropping your Yamaha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Fantastic pics. 850 quid seems like a very good price for all that. I would have thought it would cost that alone to ship the bike. Are you not nervous dropping your Yamaha?

I priced shipping the Ktm to Europe and that was coming in around 600 so the total price is really good. We stayed in a fancy golf resort.
    I do hold back a bit on the bike so that helps with not dropping it, don't go totally nuts! I've done a fair few trackdays on it at this stage so well used to them. Id prefer a race bike for them but can't justify the extra bike/trailer etc at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Pics worth the price alone, deffo get them into HARVEY NORMANS and get a canvas done for your wall.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Pics worth the price alone, deffo get them into HARVEY NORMANS and get a canvas done for your wall.

Just have to see how many I can get away with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fab pics, thanks for sharing. Exuse my ignornance but is it Cartagena in Colombia? Or some place in Spain? If Colombia did you take a dip in the mud volcano just outside the city? Highlight of my time there, loved that spot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That is bloody savage Batman, well jealous. Pics are brilliant. I think 800 is very cheap including bike transport. Could you have rented bikes over there? How much did flights, accommodation and beer money cost?

Zascar wrote: »
    That is bloody savage Batman, well jealous. Pics are brilliant. I think 800 is very cheap including bike transport. Could you have rented bikes over there? How much did flights, accommodation and beer money cost?

No bike rental option there so you have to bring your own. The flights were 130 quid, accomomodation was included in the 850 (5 nights in a self catering apartment). Did very little drinking over the week as you are fairly worn out and dont want to be spoiling the track day. It was just the Wednesday and Thursday really. I spent about 450 including car rental, petrol for the bike and car and food etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Really cool. Was it just open track or was there any instruction? I have not done enough trackdays to warrant going overseas - I would be interested in proper training though.

Does anyone know of other tracks you can go to and rent bikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar wrote: »
    Really cool. Was it just open track or was there any instruction? I have not done enough trackdays to warrant going overseas - I would be interested in proper training though.

Does anyone know of other tracks you can go to and rent bikes?

Id say there are a few that rent bikes especially in the UK but I would imagine the price going through the roof all the same. Quick google found these.....rent a panigale OHHH YEAH!!!!

http://www.focusedevents.com/bike-hire.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Im going to steal those pics op and show everyone how awesome I am!

• Advertisement
Advertisement