Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inline Filter for Kerosene pipe

Options
  • 18-03-2015 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

we have a transparent plastic bowl (not glass) in-line oil filter in the pipeline and its leaking. Ive checked the rubber seal and it seems alright but its still leakiing, maybe the thread has cross threaded or something but in any case I can get a replacement new one (aluminium bowl or clear bowl) for around a fiver - but i dont know what to replace it with? - another plastic see through bowl one or a metal bowl one - they both do the same job but is there any advantage of one over the other?

kfilter.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

we have a transparent plastic bowl (not glass) in-line oil filter in the pipeline and its leaking. Ive checked the rubber seal and it seems alright but its still leakiing, maybe the thread has cross threaded or something but in any case I can get a replacement new one (aluminium bowl or clear bowl) for around a fiver - but i dont know what to replace it with? - another plastic see through bowl one or a metal bowl one - they both do the same job but is there any advantage of one over the other?

kfilter.jpg

Only use the aluminium type. See through plastic types are not permitted anymore.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

You probably won't have to change the whole filter. Just replace the plastic bowel with the metal one and use the new rubber seal that comes with it.

Should have been done when last serviced or even before that service.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Wearb wrote: »
    You probably won't have to change the whole filter. Just replace the plastic bowel with the metal one and use the new rubber seal that comes with it.

Should have been done when last serviced or even before that service.

And replaced the particle filter too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Only use the aluminium type. See through plastic types are not permitted anymore.

thanks, thats interesting, the site i get the oil parts from still sell them so i thought they would be OK - i'll get the aluminium type so, makes sense i suppose, it would be more sturdier and less likely to crack a metal one rather than a plastic one

Advertisement