Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what size dog run?

• 19-03-2015 7:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

hi lads, Im going to make a dog run for my two labs, just for if I was gone off during the day to have peace of mind they aren't chasing neighbours sheep if they got bored, what would ye tink of a 92 sq metre run and a 4x8 house? too small? adequate size? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

simx wrote: »
    hi lads, Im going to make a dog run for my two labs, just for if I was gone off during the day to have peace of mind they aren't chasing neighbours sheep if they got bored, what would ye tink of a 92 sq metre run and a 4x8 house? too small? adequate size? thanks in advance

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Once they have a separate space for their warm kennel and adequate space to toilet away from their bed, the floor space is not really that important. But the height is. You need to be absolutely sure that the dogs cannot jump or climb out and that thieves cannot climb in! Also make sure that the materials used cannot be chewed through or dug under. Dogs mostly sleep when left alone by their owners so once they are given adequate exercise outside of the run it should be fine.

Advertisement