Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey quays cycle route: Detailed drawings online

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Supposed to come in 2025. But is that likely? Could it be 2030 or beyond? It's very understandable that people treat proposed dates as meaningless and to be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Well if that date is meaningless then the permanent liffey cycle route project is also meaningless, in fact its even more meaningless because it is subject to planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,057 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

When was the last time DCC ever delivered something on time? The reason we don't have a much-needed pedestrian bridge over the Liffey to Docklands is because of Dart Underground. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen here. We have had about ten different variations of the Liffey Cycle Route, and just before the council is due to deliver the latest version we are told that we must wait for another plan (which may or may not happen) to be implemented first. It stinks.

I mean DCC are also delivering the proposed liffey cycle scheme so you must surely trust that less because it requires dcc to actually go through irelands painful planning process to achieve it. The bus gate could legally be put in tomorrow so a superior scheme can be delivered. I mean I don't trust dcc with kettles.

• Advertisement

A Sensible decision and one which should have been made a decade ago. The car ban on the quays and a cycle route using the existing road is a far more sensible option. It was basically 100mil to keep cars going through the very centre of the city with a heavily compromised sub standard cycle route and reduced pedestrian space.

That being said it would be nice to build the boardwalks anyway. What we really need for the quays is an ambitious new public realm scheme connecting the planned new Heuston scheme to the sea that is pedestrian focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I assume one of the main reasons it's been scrapped is because the cost and heritage/environmental impact of the boardwalks. Also the existing boardwalks are widely perceived to be a failure so I can't see them building more if they don't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaBluBoi

Will this mean that the proposed bus stop adjustments will also not happen? Or will they instead be subsumed under BusConnects?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,688 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There will have to be a major bus stop re-organisation on the Quays as part of BusConnects, due to the large number of re-routed buses away from Dame Street when the D-Spine launches.

The B, C, D and G spines along with the 37, 52, 58, 60, 71, 72, 73 and 74 will all be using the Quays east of Winetavern Street.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Thankfully the Burgh Quay section, which is very important, is in progress now.

But I'm wondering what's happening with the Docklands sections. No movement on these, even though the standard is poor?

• Advertisement

The Docklands part will form part of the Ringsend cbc project.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

thanks. what does CBC stand for?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Core Bus Corridor.

Like Swords to the City Center, current 16/41 route, future A route, is one CBC.

https://busconnects.ie/cities/dublin/core-bus-corridors/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Can't happen quickly enough. The road from Ringsend, along Pearse Street, to Trinity Gym is a hazzard for cyclists.

Hate to say I told you so…but I did. The Dublin City Traffic plan is being significantly watered down following lobbying by car park operators and shopping centres. Dublin City Council once again failing to deliver for the people of Dublin. The quays will remain an unfriendly place to cycle for the foreseeable future. The Liffey Cycle Route should have been built.

Advertisement