Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF is wrong with people

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Off their heads on drugs i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

Somebody rushing their family member/themselves to a&e I presume. Like the person in kilkenny who tried to drive themselves to the hospital in labour a few months ago and ended up crashing into the roundabout and giving birth on the ringroad!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

hairybelly wrote: »
    Somebody rushing their family member/themselves to a&e I presume. Like the person in kilkenny who tried to drive themselves to the hospital in labour a few months ago and ended up crashing into the roundabout and giving birth on the ringroad!

What happened last night was no mistake. A psychiatric patient aimed his car straight at the large window in a&e but thankfully a car was parked in the waiting area outside so he had to swerve to avoid it & instead hit the doors. Extremely lucky nobody was killed as the a&e department waiting room was full at the time. If that car hadnt been parked where it was then there could easily have been huge casualties/fatalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

mad as a march hare

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

the same fella was going around portlaw with a hammer few weeks back threatening people with it, the guards were all over him like flies on ****e

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

For more on this, tune into WLRFM NEWS Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

The guy has been a psychiatric patient in UHW on several occasions,from what I gather he tried to be admitted last night was refused entry so took things into his own hands,grace of god nobody was seriously injured including himself

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm not disputing it as I have no knowledge of either the case or other circumstances, but if someone is disturbed enough to ASK for admission to psychiatric care, they must surely need it? I suppose that if there are simply no spaces there is nothing staff can do about it, in the short term anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

1967 wrote: »
    The guy has been a psychiatric patient in UHW on several occasions,from what I gather he tried to be admitted last night was refused entry so took things into his own hands,grace of god nobody was seriously injured including himself

I don't know where this story came from but it is completely untrue. The first the hospital saw of him the other night was when he was climbing out the window of his vehicle having hit the front doors. He wasn't refused treatment the other night or any night for that matter.

This fella was fully intent on causing not just injuries but a large number of deaths the other night. An absolute miracle nobody was hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

coopdog85 wrote: »
    I don't know where this story came from but it is completely untrue. The first the hospital saw of him the other night was when he was climbing out the window of his vehicle having hit the front doors. He wasn't refused treatment the other night or any night for that matter.

This fella was fully intent on causing not just injuries but a large number of deaths the other night. An absolute miracle nobody was hurt.
    well when same fella walks around portlaw with a hammer threatening people then yeah he is out to cause damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Isn't the security guards office next to the doors ? Hope whoever was in there is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

shinzon wrote: »
    Car smashes through emergency department door last night at UHW causes substantial damage to the doors

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-single.php?cat=1&id=26511

Pictures or it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Effects wrote: »
    Pictures or it didn't happen.

:rolleyes: After hours is that way =>

Haven't got a link, but if you look on Twitter, Damien Tiernan of RTE retweeted pictures posted by a lad called Clive, who I believe works in the ambulance service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Mans arm severed in machette attack 1km from the hospital on dunmore road....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hoffmans wrote: »

That's horrific. It says on WLR he was just waiting in his car in traffic. Wonder was it pre-meditated or just a random act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Hoffmans wrote: »

Just heard that on the news!

Happened at 4pm on the main Dunmore road with probably hundreds of people around and the guy is still not in custody!

reni10 wrote: »
    Just heard that on the news!

Happened at 4pm on the main Dunmore road with probably hundreds of people around and the guy is still not in custody!

I'm sure he's from a broken home with a troubled background and / or a minority group. Slap on the wrist, a new set of knives and he won't spend a day in the cells

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

WLR Website says:
    A man waiting in his car in traffic was stabbed in Waterford City yesterday.The incident occurred at 4.20pm on the Dunmore Road. His injuries are not life threatening.Witnesses are asked to contact Waterford Garda Station at 051 305300

That's horrific either way, stabbed or severed arm. Weird as this might sound, but I hope it wasn't random if you know what I mean. :(

Brendão wrote: »
    WLR Website says:

That's horrific either way, stabbed or severed arm. Weird as this might sound, but I hope it wasn't random if you know what I mean. :(

Yeah I'd agree... The thoughts that it may have been random is terrifying... The fact that it happened at all is appalling but to think it may have been just a random act is unbelievable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

A machete was used and we all know that's the weapon of choice for a certain group so maybe it wasn't just a random attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the guy that was butchered is transfered to cork ,
    This could be a road rage Incident ,best keep the windows up and use the aircon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

More of it.

Two people hospitalised following altercation in Waterford City earlier
    Gardai and emergency services were called to an incident involving two groups in the Mount Sion area. It's understood a slash hook was produced during the incident. Two people were brought to hospital with minor slash wounds. No arrests have been made but Gardai are continuing to investigate the incident.

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-single.php?cat=1&id=30349

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

deisemum wrote: »
    a slash hook

jasus theres a weapon of choice. must be a farmer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

A machete was used and we all know that's the weapon of choice for a certain group so maybe it wasn't just a random attack.

Mexican Cartels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Junior wrote: »
    Mexican Cartels ?

jasus the Mexicans are in town. like their food though

Advertisement