Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup - Day 32- Australia v Pakistan

Options
  • 19-03-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at the teams and Australia look so much stronger.

However Pakistan have players its impossible to figure out what to expect from. Wahab is actually in form for once and I quite like Sohail and Rahat.

However and no disrespect to the Irish lads, its one thing smacking us about, it might be a little trickier with Starc and co for Mr Safaraz.

03.30 start

20th March, SKY SPORTS 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Looking at the teams and Australia look so much stronger.

However Pakistan have players its impossible to figure out what to expect from. Wahab is actually in form for once and I quite like Sohail and Rahat.

However and no disrespect to the Irish lads, its one thing smacking us about, it might be a little trickier with Starc and co for Mr Safaraz.

03.30 start

20th March, SKY SPORTS 2

Pakistan have a chance if they bat first and make 270+

Otherwise it will be a rout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Pakistan won the toss and decided to bat. 26/2 after 6 overs, not a great start by Pakistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Crazy stuff from afridi

214 the target. Easily gettable unless Pakistan can take a good few wickets early on

Yeah......Pity Irfan not playing

If they nail both the openers in the first 6-8 overs then game on ....

• Advertisement

There's them early wickets. Game on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

That was amateur by Clarke v the short ball, a reminder why he should never bat higher than 3 unless in Asia.

Smith looks in total control at the moment, he needs to be gone soon or it will be an easy chase.

Smith is the big wicket ...... If they nail him now then it might be bye bye Australia

Absorbing stuff......Great to watch

What a drop

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭tmq

sounds like a cracking battle at the moment.... Watson could restore a bit of faith in him if he gets through this.

• Advertisement

If that dolly had been taken that would have been 4/87 and different story....

As such Australia starting to coast here.....

But the 20 minutes of cricket around that dropped chance was easily the most compelling cricket of this World Cup

booth70 wrote: »
    If that dolly had been taken that would have been 4/87 and different story....

As such Australia starting to coast here.....

But the 20 minutes of cricket around that dropped chance was easily the most compelling cricket of this World Cup

It was sooooooooo bad that drop really, they needed it desperately as Australia bat very deep.

Should be a piece of cake now though, Smith century very likely as well.

Would have loved to seen how Irfan done here :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭bren2001

Smith gone. Makes the end of this at least a little bit more interesting now.

Pakistan drop another. Another big miss for Pakistan. Not easy but still. They have had their chances.

Wahab should beat the whole team after this match, not as awful as drop as the Rahat one, but still, awful stuff.

Pakistan have themselves to blame really, some horror shots to get out and some LOL fielding.

Australia will be pleased enough, but got to be concerns over Finch who has not got a run since the first game.

Watson should take a lot from that knock, rode his luck, but was their at the end, can't ask much more than that.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Pakistan have themselves to blame really, some horror shots to get out and some LOL fielding.

Australia will be pleased enough, but got to be concerns over Finch who has not got a run since the first game.

Watson should take a lot from that knock, rode his luck, but was their at the end, can't ask much more than that.

Catches win games. Australia would have been under a lot of pressure if it went 4/87. Pakistan had their chances and unfortunately with a low target like 213, you simply cannot make those mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I'd suggest that quarter finals to date have been a bit lacking? I'd guess that the tournament needs a good close tight game at this stage. Who's up tomorrow NZ v West Indies - doesn't sound promising on that front. Maybe the semis or final might dish up something?

bren2001 wrote: »
    Catches win games. Australia would have been under a lot of pressure if it went 4/87. Pakistan had their chances and unfortunately with a low target like 213, you simply cannot make those mistakes.

Agreed.

I do remember reading interviews with previous fielding coaches they have, and they simply don't take fielding seriously enough sadly.

You look at that team and sadly they have to many useless fielders to hide, Sohail, Masqood, Rahat, Sohail, Eshan and Afridi are all pretty awful in the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

BarryD wrote: »
    I'd suggest that quarter finals to date have been a bit lacking? I'd guess that the tournament needs a good close tight game at this stage. Who's up tomorrow NZ v West Indies - doesn't sound promising on that front. Maybe the semis or final might dish up something?

Outside the associate nations performances, it's all been a bit predictable for me. Quarter finals going the same way. Haven't really thought much of this world cup tbh.

• Advertisement

Outside the associate nations performances, it's all been a bit predictable for me. Quarter finals going the same way. Haven't really thought much of this world cup tbh.

Agree.....Of the 40 odd matches so far only 4 or 5 stand out for me TBH....

Aus v NZ
    SA v Pak
    Ban v Eng
    Zim v Ire
    Afg v Sco

in that order...

Riaz's spell against Watto today was riveting stuff though of the highest order

Advertisement