Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling my contract

Options
  • 19-03-2015 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

I've been having terrible difficulty trying to cancel my contract with you. I've been on numerous calls and emails and there still hasn't been a definite answer as to my contract cancellation. I was originally told it was cancelled on the 18th of this month but I needed to send an email to confirm this, which I did but am yet to receive a reply. 

I was also charged €79 this month as apposed to €73 of which I asked for an explanation but there was none. I should only be paying for the 3 days out of this and I've been told that I would get a refund into my account, but again have not been told when this refund will go through. 

Can you give me some clarity in this situation. I've been a loyal customer and the only reason I'm leaving is because I'm leaving the country. This process has been extremely painful throughout. 

All the best, 
    Rebecca

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Rebecca,

We regret to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Closing an account due to moving address is a standard process, and if the customer has signed up to a price-plan contract, it does not affect it (the only action that would affect it would be if the customer switches to another supplier mid contract, but not if they move address).
    Our email team will respond to you, it just may take a few working days. We can take over here in this department though.

We would need to view your account to see what has happened in relation to your query. Just send me a private message when you can, with your Electric Ireland account number, address in full, telephone number we have for you, and confirming you are the account-holder.

We will assist you ASAP.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4 beccafinnegan

Wrong company! This was meant for UPC - apologies!!!

Cheers, 
    Rebecca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

No problem at all Rebecca. Fair play for letting us know publicly. :)

Best wishes with the move!

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement