Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does a Business Line just vanish?

Options
  • 19-03-2015 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭

Our office line went dead 2 days ago, we cannot make/receive calls. As you can imagine, for a business this is not a good position to be in!

A fault is logged with im told today but thats going to take another 2-3 working days. Another person from the office was ringing yesterday and the reps couldnt say if a fault had been queued from his call.

Could someone on here be able to give a better estimate for a technician to sort the issue? as you can imagine, no phones is not a good position for a company to be in.

On another note reps really should say if they are transferring you... "ill put you on hold for a second" and then a new person coming on and starting again is not going to help things!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

overshoot wrote: »
    Our office line went dead 2 days ago, we cannot make/receive calls. As you can imagine, for a business this is not a good position to be in!

A fault is logged with im told today but thats going to take another 2-3 working days. Another person from the office was ringing yesterday and the reps couldnt say if a fault had been queued from his call.

Could someone on here be able to give a better estimate for a technician to sort the issue? as you can imagine, no phones is not a good position for a company to be in.

On another note reps really should say if they are transferring you... "ill put you on hold for a second" and then a new person coming on and starting again is not going to help things!
    Hi overshoot

The advised resolution timeframe can be (up to) four working days, I understand this can create a lot of inconvenience to a business and this is why eircoms business center would usually offer to divert any calls made to the affected number to another number of your choice (included mobile) - If you were not offered a diversion of calls please contact eircom business on free phone 1800601701.

On the first day of logging a fault a more specific resolution date cannot be advised however if you would like to PM me the land line number I will of course note your urgency.

Also, I would like to suggest checking this link out (8hr line repair priority for business) https://business.eircom.net/product/business-line-8-hour-repair/ - Please note this cannot be added to speed up an existing fault but may come in handy in future line faults.

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

Hi overshoot

The advised resolution timeframe can be (up to) four working days, I understand this can create a lot of inconvenience to a business and this is why eircoms business center would usually offer to divert any calls made to the affected number to another number of your choice (included mobile) - If you were not offered a diversion of calls please contact eircom business on free phone 1800601701.

On the first day of logging a fault a more specific resolution date cannot be advised however if you would like to PM me the land line number I will of course note your urgency.

Also, I would like to suggest checking this link out (8hr line repair priority for business) https://business.eircom.net/product/business-line-8-hour-repair/ - Please note this cannot be added to speed up an existing fault but may come in handy in future line faults.

Thanks
    AL
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the quick reply,
    Wasn't given the option to re-route it, I've sent a PM

Regards,
    Adrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi overshoot

Thanks
    AL
    Hi Al,

Thanks for the quick reply,
    Wasn't given the option to re-route it, I've sent a PM

Regards,
    Adrian
    Thanks Adrian,

I will get back to you as soon as I can

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

Got it sorted via another route