Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Same Day' Couriers

Options
  • 19-03-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Out of curiosity, is anyone using 'same day' couriers? Not nationwide, but within the same geographical region? Say County Dublin. So, for example, a consumer buys before 2pm and its delivered before 6pm.

If so, what industry are you in? And on average, how much does it cost the end user?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I make the option available but people prefer to pay the lower P&P cost and get it within two days. I think I have only done same day twice and that was when people had forgotten a birthday! Both times used the An Post service at GPO it costs €7 I think it is only available at a few places but both times I dropped them off at around 10.30-11 and they arrived in a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

always used these guys http://www.hurricane.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks folks. Just trying to forecast some costings here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I use Cyclone regularly, service is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

ImDave wrote: »
    I use Cyclone regularly, service is quite good.

How much do they generally charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

ironclaw wrote: »
    How much do they generally charge?

Not sure off the top of my head but I think about €7 for documents or a small package (anything a bicycle courier can take) in the city centre, not 100% sure though.

Advertisement