Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand- Koh Phi Phi, Koh Phangan or Koh Tao?

• 19-03-2015 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Travelling to Phuket soon and after my scuba course I am looking for somewhere to meet other backpackers, laze around on beautiful beaches but also do activities such as kayaking etc. I'd like to party some nights but also get sleep on others.
    Where is best? Koh Phi Phi, Koh Phangan or Koh Tao?
    Phi Phi is closest but the accomodation is more expensive and seems lower quality.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Phi phi is the closest to Phuket so I would recommend there.
    However have friends that went to ko Tao and raved about it. All the islands are similar enough. If the accommodation on phi phi is more expensive then don't forget to take into account the travel costs and time getting over to Tao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

If diving is your thing then Koh Tao is probably your best bet, there's a decent nightlife too. Phi Phi is somewhat of a tourist trap, why not stay on Phuket outside of Patong? Kata, Karon, Kamala all offer quieter alternatives. Phuket is quite small and easy to get around so it's easy to get to the nightlife and get away from it too and you could day trip to the other islands quite easily.

Advertisement