Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renew BVC coils

• 19-03-2015 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to clean & renew these, if so, how? Just find that on a particular dark juice I like I only get a couple of days out of one before taste degrades,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

NuttyBoy showed me a vid with a trick that worked for me, your mileage may vary but: Remove tank and dry burn the coil until it glows, then remove coil and soak and rinse with hit water to remove the ash left over from dry burning the coil and it will be almost as good as new. I heard that they were changing the coils to cotton from ceramics so I don't know if this will work on the new ones, if there are new ones out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Five 8 minute runs in my ultra sonic cleaner with warm water and then a good rinse get's me some more life from all my coils (OCC's, Nautilus BVC's, normal BVC's) .4 out of 5 Nautilus coils have been reusable, 4 out of 5 OCC's have been reusable and all 8 of my normal BVC's have been reusable.I let them dry for a week and give them some time on the radiator.

But there is nothing like a new coil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm sure I've typed this out before but I can't find it to do a lazy copy and paste . When I am washing my tanks , I wash the coils as well , then put them in a small tablet container with some vodka , 24/48 hours later I rinse them off in water and put them into a second tablet container with vodka , 24/48 hours later take them out and they dry fairly quickly via evaporation and off you go again for another few days . You can do this a good few times . You can use cheap vodka and you don't have to change it out of the containers , the first container takes most of the gunk out of the coil , the rinse inbetween keeps the second container fairly gunk free . I might change the 2nd, cleaner container for the first once a month and then refill the second .... if that makes sense .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Have any of ye ever opened up one of them?
    I decided to start rebuild them a while back, some nasty stuff inside imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

54kroc wrote: »

You should see the wick on my Kayfun after a weeks use!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Yep. Looked like ground up glass to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Trond wrote: »
    You should see the wick on my Kayfun after a weeks use!!!! :eek:

I've left my kayfun wick go a bit long and it's still much better than the coils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I've left my kayfun wick go a bit long and it's still much better than the coils.

At the start I was leaving the wick in there for ages!!! I've started to change it a bit more regularly of late.

The coil itself is a different story, some of them have last me 6 weeks or more. I basically just dry burn a few times when re-wicking, works a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nothing to see here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

Just use a bowel, with some warm water,

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

dball wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Haha, ignore my whole post tbh.. I was thinking your bog standard Nautilus or evod type coils, not home builds, hehe. Oh ... I should learn to stop skim reading :D

Actually now I re-read I was actually spot on first time, but now have edited away that post so nobody will ever know the fantastic suggestions I gave ... oh well .... :D

Advertisement