Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planted hedging using grass compost, should I replant?

• 19-03-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

So the place where I bought the bare root privet advised me to mix compost with soil when planting.

My dad mentioned to me that he had a big compost pile in his garden "its quality stuff".

I took the compost, dug the ridge, mixed the soil and compost and planted the bare root privet, circa 3 weeks ago.

The compost, I am now reading, is everything it wasn't supposed to be. Straight grass compost, compressed into clumpy mush. It had absolutely heaps of little bright pink worms, which I though was a good thing.

I am wondering, should I just cut my losses and dig the thing up and re plant? I don't want to find out in a years time that its not working.

The Nursery where I purchased it was unable to say a yes or a no......it would depend on this that and the other.

Ta:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

it'll be fine. privet are fairly hardy. I'd leave it be. I did a similar thing with my privets and they were grand

Advertisement