Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Loan Application

Options
  • 19-03-2015 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi I have a quick question. I am going to apply for a personal loan online later today. I want to borrow 2k and have a maximum payback time of 1 year. I would like the flexibility of being able to pay back earlier than one year if I have the money. However I do not want to be penalised for early payback. Can I choose the variable interest rate during my online application??? And will this allow me to then payback early without being penalised?? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi I have a quick question. I am going to apply for a personal loan online later today. I want to borrow 2k and have a maximum payback time of 1 year. I would like the flexibility of being able to pay back earlier than one year if I have the money. However I do not want to be penalised for early payback. Can I choose the variable interest rate during my online application??? And will this allow me to then payback early without being penalised?? Thanks
    Hi melon_collie,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Variable rates are available for Loan applications made online and over the phone. You can find more information on our Personal Loans here including the rates applied.
    You can also use our Personal Loan calculator online which can give you an idea of the rate and monthly payments which may apply to your loan. However this calculator gives an indication only. Please find our Personal Loan calculator here.

To discuss paying off your loan early, it would be best to speak with our Lending team directly. They will be happy to advise you whether there would be a penalty in paying off your loan early. You can call our Lending team on 0818 200 334 between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks,
    Sarah 

Advertisement