Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Account records

Options
  • 19-03-2015 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

How long does do Irish banks keep account records after they are closed ? Do they still send records to Revenue ?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

There's a retention period after an account is closed where the bank has to retain the information, I'm unsure of exactly how long it is, but it's definitely a number of years. For some reason 6 years is in my head, but that could be for other stuff.

How do you mean, do they still send records to the revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Usually 6 years. There's a record annually sent to Revenue to show how much DIRT was paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Usually 6 years. There's a record annually sent to Revenue to show how much DIRT was paid.

I assume if the account is closed then nothing is sent to revenue.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Was it a savings account or a different type of account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Toots wrote: »
    Was it a savings account or a different type of account?

A current account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement