Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel, If statement help

• 19-03-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭

I need to combine an IF statement and a DATEDIF function for an assignment.

The idea is that if an employee has not had a review in the last 6 months they are overdue. So D1 has the current date, G4 has the date of their last Review and H4 has the date their next revue is due. 6 months is the allowed time

I have to use an if statement to tell me if the employee is overdue their review by putting "overview" or leaving blank in the appropriate box. I have it half working at the moment, it says overdue if they are due a review but it will not leave the box blank if they are not.

This is the formula I have used

=IF(DATEDIF(H12,$D$1,"m"),"Overdue","")

As I said it is coming up as Overdue if true but if its false it comes up as #NUM! I've also tried nesting and reversing the cell in the DATEDIF section for the second IF statement.

edit: I was over complicating it, didn't need DATEDIF at all.

=IF($D$1>H4,"Overdue","")........ D1 being todays date and H4 being due date

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If you're looking at whether or not it's been over 6 months since their last review, shouldn't you be referencing cells G4 (last review date) and D1 (current date) in your datedif function?

Once you've fixed that. You need to fix the IF statement, right now it essentially says IF(M, true, false).

You want to know whether "M" is over 6 months right? But you're not including that clause in the IF statement.

Advertisement