Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

night life in Kilkenny city

Options
  • 19-03-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm organising a bus for a mystery tour from south tipp heading to Kilkenny city... and was wondering where the best spots are.their will be approx 15-20 of us and will be mixed between lads and lassies. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Cant believe this is up over 2 hours and the usual "worlds end" comment hasnt been posted!
    what age group are we talking about and what kind of atmosphere are you looking for? I assume its a Saturday you are coming on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

^ it has now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

For groups of that size I'd recommend Langtons. They have good food and a theatre which might have some live shows/music on when you're in town.

Otherwise the Leftbank. A lot of pubs in Kilkenny won't be able to accommodate such large groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

No better place than the Worlds End. Friendly clientele, relaxed atmosphere and the best pint of Guinness in Kilkenny.

Disclaimer: OP, wherever you go, avoid the Worlds End like the plague. Kytelers, Langtons or Left Bank would be far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Left bank-then across the road to Morrison's late bar after. Happy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

Sorry meant to say it's Saturday and toughy aged around 21-22ish! Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

If you want to get ripped off on drink prices then its the Left Bank. If you want to go to a night club ,Oh wait its a function room in a hotel its good owl Langton's. Kilkenny really needs a decent night club.

If you want to get ripped off on drink prices then its the Left Bank. If you want to go to a night club ,Oh wait its a function room in a hotel its good owl Langton's. Kilkenny really needs a decent night club.

Back in the good ole days we had 4 or 5? The going out scene has changed though, people less into clubbing I think.
    Langtons club might double as a function room but it's decent place, lots of room and decent décor/big bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kilkennyfella

For that age group Biddy Early's is good craic earlier on in the night. Matt the Millers although not my cup of tea is also popular and it is right beside. John Street basically is your best bet.

I think the crowd is probably a bit young for Left Bank and they defo won't let ya all in as a group at the same time. Same for most places actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

There is one other place, but people here get butt hurt if recommedned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Dymo wrote: »

You're too late, it's been mentioned.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Seriously people that's 5 posts, mine is the sixth on the worlds end. Why can't people who want to visit Kilkenny not be led astray. If someone wants to come on seriously and endorse the place fair enough, but why the need for these jokes when people come on seriously looking for a good time in Kilkenny.

Give people proper recommendations or say nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

if you are of the man utd supporting kind i'd say you would love the worlds end. great atmosphere on a saturday night just make sure you dress appropriately or you might feel out of place

kikel wrote: »
    Seriously people that's 5 posts, mine is the sixth on the worlds end. Why can't people who want to visit Kilkenny not be led astray. If someone wants to come on seriously and endorse the place fair enough, but why the need for these jokes when people come on seriously looking for a good time in Kilkenny.

Give people proper recommendations or say nothing at all.

I agree. It's juvenile and old at this stage, Kilkenny city has a huge offering to visitors in terms of good bars and clubs but all we hear is the Worlds end which is basically just a small working class local pub that happens to be on a Main st.

Dymo wrote: »

Where would that be now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Be careful OP - if you are very obviously a huge crowd of young lads on the lash you might get told to feck off at some establishments in town - it's happened before.

Sky King wrote: »
    Be careful OP - if you are very obviously a huge crowd of young lads on the lash you might get told to feck off at some establishments in town - it's happened before.

Langtons certainly won't do that if the 'nightclub' is open. Kytelers or Left Bank may do this though, especially if drinks aren't being bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

For a group that size Left Bank is risky, if ye wanna head there ye would wanna head early and not be drunk and split into smaller groups. Sounds OTT but I've seen in the past that people who get turned away from Left Bank also get turned away from Morrisons.

Ryans is great for a bit of live music but if there's a party on there it could be packed. Matt the Millers, Biddy Earlys or Langtons is your best bet. Be warned that there's usually loads of stags and hens floating around those pubs on those nights though! :)

Moral of the story though, Kilkenny is not a student town and if ye are very messy ye will have trouble getting in places. But if ye have a small bit of cop on it's a great spot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

and if ye cant get in to any of them places there's always Lanigans...

• Advertisement
Advertisement