Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps business view

Options
  • 19-03-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone had it done? Did you feel it made any difference? The marketing material obviously shows examples of times it has made a huge difference for some companies but obviously thats its job! I can't say I have ever used business view of a company and never even seen one where I could. Having said that it seems it doesn't cost much to do and it couldn't really do any harm so was thinking of getting it done.

Anyone got any experience of it all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Havent done it myself, but I can see how some businesses would benefit from it, what sort of cost is it?

One issue I could see would be a retailer who likes to change their layout a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Nuttzz wrote: »
    Havent done it myself, but I can see how some businesses would benefit from it, what sort of cost is it?

One issue I could see would be a retailer who likes to change their layout a lot

We would fall into that category we change the layout weekly. For 200sqm-ish over 2 floors we have been quoted €400 it wasn't me who dealt with it at the time so not sure if that is ex VAT or not I am assuming it is looking at the general pricing for it. To just to the street level floor would be €300. It seems a bit of a novelty thing really. They are doing another business in the area so are offering it for a little less than they apparently normally would quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

at that sort of money it might be worth a shot, google places normal come out top on SERPs so I can imagine google will reward those with business view as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Nuttzz wrote: »
    at that sort of money it might be worth a shot, google places normal come out top on SERPs so I can imagine google will reward those with business view as well

Thats what I was thinking alright. At that sort of one off price even if it only makes a slight improvement on rankings its not the end of the world.

Advertisement