Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you buy your baby clothes?

Options
  • 19-03-2015 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Anybody know any good places or websites etc where you can get nice toddler clothes? Starting to get a little fed up of the usual Next, Dunnes, Penneys and being from a small-ish town, in all the shops they have a masssssive girls section and then like two rails for boys hehe, anybody know really good shops for babas that are reasonable aswell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I have always been a huge fan of H&M for my daughter's clothes. Reasonably noticed, good quality and wash well.
    Zara is another favourite too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tillyjane

How do you find the sizes in Zara? I got him a shirt from there last year and it was very tight but now that I think of it he's much less of a chunk monkey that he's walking and running around.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Love H&M for my little guys clothes, hes very tall at 14 months and find their sizes brilliant, for example, I have a pair of jeans sized 9-12 months that still fit him verses a pair of 18-24 month pair from Debenhams that barely fit him.
    They have lots of cool t shirts and tops, and bottoms, and so so reasonable.
    I also like name it for him.

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Love H&M for my little guys clothes, hes very tall at 14 months and find their sizes brilliant, for example, I have a pair of jeans sized 9-12 months that still fit him verses a pair of 18-24 month pair from Debenhams that barely fit him.
    They have lots of cool t shirts and tops, and bottoms, and so so reasonable.
    I also like name it for him.

Snap coopaloo, 14 month old boy who is very tall, he's up to my waist in height already! I find the Next trousers not great for tall boys. Never ever thought of nameit, thanks :) do they deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

tillyjane wrote: »
    Snap coopaloo, 14 month old boy who is very tall, he's up to my waist in height already! I find the Next trousers not great for tall boys. Never ever thought of nameit, thanks :) do they deliver?

Yep they do deliver, go up a size tho, so for tops to fit on guy now I would go 1 1/2 - 2 years, and the same with trousers. I've never ordered from them before as there is one close enough to me but it's free delivery on orders over €80.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I like zara style, and have gotten things from zulily as well, but you could consider second hand at all? Myself and some buddies basically re-use baby and children's clothes, so we rarely buy much each. It's good quality, as we include things that have been gifts because we trust eachother. Boutique stuff mixed in with hard wearing dunnes basics.

I think it's a fairly eco-friendly way of getting good quality, yet different clothes for your kids. We vacuum bag them by age as pass them around.

Boys are particularly restricted in Next actually... it's always blue or brown! Sheesh. What's wrong with a bit of yellow, orange, red, green etc!

pwurple wrote: »
    I like zara style, and have gotten things from zulily as well, but you could consider second hand at all? Myself and some buddies basically re-use baby and children's clothes, so we rarely buy much each. It's good quality, as we include things that have been gifts because we trust eachother. Boutique stuff mixed in with hard wearing dunnes basics.

I think it's a fairly eco-friendly way of getting good quality, yet different clothes for your kids. We vacuum bag them by age as pass them around.

Boys are particularly restricted in Next actually... it's always blue or brown! Sheesh. What's wrong with a bit of yellow, orange, red, green etc!

Thats a brillaint idea, all my friends seem babas seem to be in and around the same age though or a good few years older! I wonder could I set up a fb group doing something similar.

I agree about Next and I love to little boys in colourful quirky clothes as opposed to blue/brown, especially coming into the summer months!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

How do you find the sizes in Zara? I got him a shirt from there last year and it was very tight but now that I think of it he's much less of a chunk monkey that he's walking and running around.

I generally go up a size as I do find the sizes quite small, but Spanish babies are a lot smaller which explains that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Anybody know any good places or websites etc where you can get nice toddler clothes? Starting to get a little fed up of the usual Next, Dunnes, Penneys and being from a small-ish town, in all the shops they have a masssssive girls section and then like two rails for boys hehe, anybody know really good shops for babas that are reasonable aswell

I get a lot from m and s. My 14 month old lives in tracksuit bottoms as his legs are too chubby for anything else!! Hehehe :D
    I adore boden clothes but they are very expensive so only buy when they are on sale and I use parcel motel ;)
    I bought a good lot in January sales in mamas and papas and find them great quality.

Also have you tried Asda (they deliver) or peacocks (they deliver) and have just opened up in the omni in santry

Millem I haven't heard/thought of ANY of them places. Can't wait to sit down with the laptop and cup later and have a good goo, thanks!

And also my little mans legs go through phases of being too chubby too as he seems to grow out or up at one time. I just love chubby legs, they are almost edible hehe :)

• Advertisement

Oh and also (blonde moment) what is parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Heatons deliver now too. Their clothes are good quality. Sizes run average as far as I can tell. Tesco are good too though their online service is questionable. M&s do lovely things but are a bit pricier. Worth it for the quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Parcel Motel is a way to avoid the high postage costs when buying from UK.
    Instead of giving your Irish Address. and having to pay International postage, you sign up for Parcel Motel.
    They give you an address in Northern Ireland, which is a distribution depot, and you get a personal number. Like a Post Office box number.
    You choose a Parcel Motel location near your home when setting up your account.
    For an extra €3 (I think) you give the seller your Parcel motel address in N. Ireland, and then Parcel motel deliver it to your local depot.
    You get a text when it arrives, and input a "release" code into the BankLink type consul. A Drawer pops open, and there is your parcel.
    If you choose sellers that offer Free Postage within UK, you only pay the Parcel Motel charges.
    Some UK sellers can charge up to 12 sterling for postage to Ireland.
    You would have popped to your local PM depot, and got your parcel, quicker than its taken to write this. :D

Millem I haven't heard/thought of ANY of them places. Can't wait to sit down with the laptop and cup later and have a good goo, thanks!

And also my little mans legs go through phases of being too chubby too as he seems to grow out or up at one time. I just love chubby legs, they are almost edible hehe :)

Chubby legs are so cute! He has only ever worn jeans once lol!
    When he was in "baby" clothes I got him a good few things from little woods and pumpkin patch.

Parcel motel is brill...it has gone up to €3.95 though :( they are the "lockers" you see at petrol stations)

Basically boden do free uk delivery to new customers and give a free gift (which is the most fab box of socks I think 7 pairs and a notebook) -get a code online! So I pay parcel motel as boden would charge a good €6 to deliver to Ireland plus it's very handy if you are in work as you collect it at your leisure.

Boden is very very dear but they do have good sales. They are very very good quality.

Also tk maxx sell "carters" clothes but I find them teeny tiny.

Nekarsulm, thanks very much for that you are a star :D

Miilem do Boden always have a sale on or only once in a while? I havent looked in tk maxx since he was a baby baby and there wasnt much in mine but I'll have another nosey! I love heatons bibs and socks and tshirts aswell. I can feel the tingle of excitement, I honestly get more excited buying clothes for him than myself these days!

Do you pay to sign up for parcel motel?

Nekarsulm, thanks very much for that you are a star :D

Miilem do Boden always have a sale on or only once in a while? I havent looked in tk maxx since he was a baby baby and there wasnt much in mine but I'll have another nosey! I love heatons bibs and socks and tshirts aswell. I can feel the tingle of excitement, I honestly get more excited buying clothes for him than myself these days!

I got a good lot of stuff at the end of last summer (for next summer) in boden. They sent me £10 voucher for my bday in October too. I looked at their site tonight and there is nothing much on sale so I am guessing the best time is when the seasons change!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

You don't, I cant remember which I used, but you sign up your credit/debit card, or phone account. Then when you get a text with your code for opening the locker, you input your phone number and code, ant I think at that stage the charge is deducted from your cars/phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Bookmarking thread! My babs is still mostly in presents but I really want to shop for him-I have been so restrained! He has more clothes than me already (admittedly the go up to 2-3 years) so he doesn't fit most of them yet!)

Bookmarking thread! My babs is still mostly in presents but I really want to shop for him-I have been so restrained! He has more clothes than me already (admittedly the go up to 2-3 years) so he doesn't fit most of them yet!)

I could literally open a clothes shop with the amount of clothes he has! I NEVER pay full price though so I don't feel guilty :) I vaccum bag them when he grows out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

For different clothes Boden is very cute and excellent quality. I stock up on the next size and season during sales. Ditto for Marks and Spencer. I never see anything worth buying in TKMaxx.

lazygal wrote: »
    For different clothes Boden is very cute and excellent quality. I stock up on the next size and season during sales. Ditto for Marks and Spencer. I never see anything worth buying in TKMaxx.

I personally wouldn't have the patience for tk maxx but have recieved gifts of "carters" clothes from there and from USA. In fairness they are different but omg they are teeny teeny tiny! I can't wait to open up the boden summer clothes for this year! Their sizing is excellent my baby has just outgrown a 12-18m and they are colourful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Most have already been mentioned but I also love H&M clothes. They're so funky and good value. I picked up some gorgeous wee summer dresses for €3.99 recently and then got the boleros to go with them in Penneys. If you ever get Look magazine, they do a 20% off H&M card a couple of times a year. The last one was at Christmas and I stocked up then.

I would rarely buy clothes full price too. I bought a lot of my daughters summer gear for this summer in the summer sales last year. You can get great bargains if you plan ahead. M&S have great summer and January sales. I got a beautiful skirt for €9 down from €22 that I had my eye on. If I see something I really like, I try wait until there's a 20% promotion that they run often.

I do like Next clothes but I think they're expensive for what they are. Again, I'm usually only buy in the sale. The summer sale last year was great.

I just love the Name It clothes too. There is a small range in my local Menarys and they do good sales online.

Asda is another favourite but I'm lucky, there's a store not far from me.

I love a good kids clothes bargain hunt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Totally unknown here but very popular in Germany: jako-o. They have an English site as well (jako-o.com) and deliver to Ireland. What I love is that their clothes are really colourful, not that expensive (they have regular sales too), wash well, fit my long but thin 2-year old boy really well - and not every other child wears them. They're just different, much more childlike than, say, Next. Also, they baby grows can be used for two sizes as the poppers can be adapted. I find that quite neat!

When I find something I like, I usually copy the item code and check the reviews for that item on their German site (well, the number of stars or bubble-like thingies anyway). Have ordered quite a lot from there and not been disappointed yet. They only cater to children and have a lot more than just clothes, but I haven't tried much else yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

This thread only reminds me that I never buy clothes for my poor child! I haven't bought a scrap since the start of last summer and that was all summer wear. Friends of mine have triplet boys a year older than him and they have passed on tons of clothes to me. They in turn had all the clothes passed on to them. It's a great way to mix up the wardrobe as some pieces I would never buy myself but am surprised at how gorgeous they look on.

When I do decide to spend a few pennies on my little rag muffin, H&M have some really eclectic clothes at great prices.

My MIL always brings back stuff from Carters and they are gorgeous and vibrant but as mentioned before, the sizes have no give in them.

I have got two beautiful jumpers from Ladybird as gifts from my childminder. They are probably two of the nicest pieces of clothing he has.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love Gymboree.
    I often buy new stuff on e-bay for my lot:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I get my little boy's stuff in h & m, Mothercare, Gap, Next and George at Asda (online - it's €5 delivery to Ireland). I'm not a fan of the quality, selection or fit in Penneys or Dunnes at all so I don't buy anything there. I notice a huge difference in the quality of the Asda stuff for the same price.

I try and buy stuff mainly on sale in the next size up or a year older for very seasonal stuff, especially in GAP as it can be pricy but I love their baby stuff. So I always have a big stash of larger clothes in the wardrobe. I like Mothercare because the clothes are quite generously sized and I find we get longer out of them. The GAP stuff is small fitting so I usually get that stuff out of the cupboard ahead of time.

I have nobody to pass clothes onto me, any of my friends with babies I made through having a baby myself and therefore their kids are the same age - it means lots of shopping for me :)

lazygal wrote: »

I love Boden for myself - they have good sales, I've never bought anything for the baba though so must keep an eye out. I love when the catalogue arrives and I can sit down with some chocolate and have a good look through it. If only I were rich!

It's actually 20% off their new stock at the moment if anyone fancies some purchasing!

Woshy wrote: »
    I love Boden for myself - they have good sales, I've never bought anything for the baba though so must keep an eye out. I love when the catalogue arrives and I can sit down with some chocolate and have a good look through it. If only I were rich!

It's actually 20% off their new stock at the moment if anyone fancies some purchasing!

I'd never heard of Boden before, everyone saying its so expensve but amazing, still haven't looked at it because I am poor.... Also, I'm impulsive and bad with money :)

• Advertisement

I'd never heard of Boden before, everyone saying its so expensve but amazing, still haven't looked at it because I am poor.... Also, I'm impulsive and bad with money :)

I only really buy stuff there when it's on sale. It is dangerous on the oul credit card though!

Advertisement