Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you buy your baby clothes?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tillyjane

Woshy wrote: »
    I only really buy stuff there when it's on sale. It is dangerous on the oul credit card though!

Ah just had a nosey there *wants absolutely everything* defo one for sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

M and m direct have nice few bits and not expensive.
    I also like sports direct they have lovely name brand got hole out fit for my sons for Xmas lee cooper and it was 28 euro that's jeans boots and airtex type tshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

I love Boden!! I never buy anything full price though as it is very dear but I buy during their sales - they have 20% off sales pretty regularly and the usual seasonal sales (I usually buy for the following year then!). If you sign up with them you'll be notified by email when a sale is happening. Their baby clothes are such good quality and are so cute and age appropriate :)

I also love H & M and JoJo Mamam Bebe for coats, wellies etc Monsoon babywear is adorable but quite pricey so I just get the odd bit from there:D

Have given some clothes and baby stuff to the local womens refuge lately as I felt so guilty about all the lovely clothes myself and my little lady have :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Soooky wrote: »
    I love Boden!! I never buy anything full price though as it is very dear but I buy during their sales - they have 20% off sales pretty regularly and the usual seasonal sales (I usually buy for the following year then!). If you sign up with them you'll be notified by email when a sale is happening. Their baby clothes are such good quality and are so cute and age appropriate :)

I also love H & M and JoJo Mamam Bebe for coats, wellies etc Monsoon babywear is adorable but quite pricey so I just get the odd bit from there:D

Have given some clothes and baby stuff to the local womens refuge lately as I felt so guilty about all the lovely clothes myself and my little lady have :o

I forgot about Monsoon kids clothes. They have a store in Derry, they do the most beautiful clothes for wee ones but as you say they cost a pretty penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just back from name it... They are doing 3 long sleeved t shirts for €10. My boy lives in them!! 1 top is €6.95 there are 6/8 styles to choose from. They are very good quality and are stretchy and the super soft. i bought 3 but on reflection should of gotten 6!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Millem wrote: »
    Just back from name it... They are doing 3 long sleeved t shirts for €10. My boy lives in them!! 1 top is €6.95 there are 6/8 styles to choose from. They are very good quality and are stretchy and the super soft. i bought 3 but on reflection should of gotten 6!!

I just posted the same on another forum. I think that is a bargain. Got 3 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Name It can be great sometimes. I found it by far the best place to buy fleece backed bibs for drooling. They are fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Mostly next for my son using the €15 codes. Some things from tesco, pennys, m&s or h&m. For my daughter, she's been given enough clothes clothes to do her until she is 6. Mostly from next too. For tights and legging tights Jo Jo maman bebe are fantastic. I usually buy them in the sale in august.

It's hard to beat next for quality and durability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Woshy wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the quality, selection or fit in Penneys or Dunnes at all so I don't buy anything there.

I agree with you on penneys, but dunnes i find great quality, especially the Leigh Tucker range. For girls they are one of very few places that do long sleeved dresses, which saves finding coordinating long sleeve tops or cardigans.

Problem for me is the range is small, and you see them everywhere... Which is why a couple of seasons old hand-me-downs suits us better!

pwurple wrote: »
    I agree with you on penneys, but dunnes i find great quality, especially the Leigh Tucker range. For girls they are one of very few places that do long sleeved dresses, which saves finding coordinating long sleeve tops or cardigans.

Problem for me is the range is small, and you see them everywhere... Which is why a couple of seasons old hand-me-downs suits us better!

I hate the fit in dunnes! Penny's have a 2 pack of baby boys tracksuit bottoms for €6 which are brill. They wash really well and still look perfect. I find tesco go all bobbly and next look a bit dull after a few wears. I buy his socks as he has huge feet and needs grips on socks!! I don't buy anything else there for him unless I see something for €1!

Has anyone ever ordered from http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk/page/New-Customer-Offer.htm?intcmpid=SS15VALIN0018 they have a euro site too.

• Advertisement

I don't like dunnes at all. The clothes for boys are the same every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I went to Dunnes the other day to buy a pair of light shoes for my little boy because we were going on holidays somewhere warm and I felt like his normal, Clarks shoes were too heavy. They had two full units of about 4 shelves of little summery toddler shoes for girls and not a single pair for boys - they only had shoes starting in a size 8. I couldn't get over it! The girls shoes were all cute little denim slip ons with daisies on them and things. I thought I was being stupid and missing a whole section or something until I asked a staff member and was told I was right, there were no smaller boys shoes in stock. It's ridiculous

Mostly next for my son using the €15 codes. Some things from tesco, pennys, m&s or h&m. For my daughter, she's been given enough clothes clothes to do her until she is 6. Mostly from next too. For tights and legging tights Jo Jo maman bebe are fantastic. I usually buy them in the sale in august.

It's hard to beat next for quality and durability.

How Strange, what are the €15 codes?

How Strange, what are the €15 codes?

Next have them at the tils a few times a year. You get €15 off €30 online and free delivery. Its basically the same value as going to the sale but you get to order on new stock and you don't have to get out of bed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I've stopped buying Dunnes and Pennys altogether even for me. I'm not a fan of fast fashion any more for myself either. The clothes never washed or fit well.

Next have them at the tils a few times a year. You get €15 off €30 online and free delivery. Its basically the same value as going to the sale but you get to order on new stock and you don't have to get out of bed!!
    Getting out of bed at 4am!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I don't buy Penneys for my 16 month old. She's quite tall and the fit of their clothes is quite small. I don't mind Dunnes for her now but their babygros used drive me mad. We got a good few where they didn't button up right or had extra bits of material where they shouldn't be. Some of their dresses are quite nice and as Pwurple said, the long sleeves on them are handy for not having to try and find matching cardis. I mainly buy from Next(vouchers or sale), Tesco, M&S(expensive but good fitting so tend to try and pick up stuff from the sale) or Pumpkin Patch(sale again).

Getting out of bed at 4am!

Exactly!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

I get most of my sons stuff in the next sale, and pick up bits in h&m and tesco. My mam buys him stuff from M&S. Think pumpkin patch is way overpriced, and hate pennys and dunnes, especially dunes, he got loads of outfits from Dunnes when he was born, exchanged it all!

25% off Boden this weekend ladies - just type in EGGS at check out :)

• Advertisement

http://m.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Baby-0-3yrs-Trousers-Jeans/Trousers-Leggings/73149/Baby-0-3yrs-Reversible-Knee-Patch-Skinnies.html
    25% off Boden this weekend ladies - just type in EGGS at check out :)

I really want to buy these bottoms for my boy, they are so adorable but are skinny fit :(

What are the Boden sizes like?

Roesy wrote: »
    What are the Boden sizes like?

They are generous. My 14 month has just outgrown a 12-18m boden....I tried on some 2-3y boden and they are too big. So I guess he is a 18-24m boden.
    People describe him as "sturdy"!!!
    He is a 18-24m in next or bigger.

They are generous. My 14 month has just outgrown a 12-18m boden....I tried on some 2-3y boden and they are too big. So I guess he is a 18-24m boden.
    People describe him as "sturdy"!!!
    He is a 18-24m in next or bigger.

My 16 month would be 18-24 in Next too. So I might try a couple of 18-24 from Boden so. Thanks.

Roesy wrote: »
    My 16 month would be 18-24 in Next too. So I might try a couple of 18-24 from Boden so. Thanks.

Use parcel motel as it's free uk delivery :)

Advertisement