Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I change an incorrectly entered online meter reading?

Options
  • 19-03-2015 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi I attempted to enter a meter reading online through my account for the first time and entered the wrong reading (entered the gas reading by mistake! Doh!) I fully submitted it before realising my error. Can this be corrected retrospectively or deleted so that I can enter it again?

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi kniaodha,

Thanks for your post, and don't worry, it can be an easy mistake to make!

If the gas reading you entered was significantly different from the current electricity meter reading, our system will detect this and prevent a bill from issuing. You could try submitting the reading again (either here or via your online account), or if you like we could have a look at it for you. Just send us your details by private message (including your full name, address, contact number and confirmation that you are the account holder).

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement