Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing the Cancellation of a Card

Options
  • 19-03-2015 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I've moved to Malaysia about 2 months ago and my atm card was working fine at the start, when one day I went to an ATM and it wouldn't give me any money. I assumed it was that BOI had frozen my card as I was making purchases abroad. I phoned them up to unfreeze it however they told me there wasn't a freeze on it and that my cards chip may have stopped working. 
    They said they'd send me a new card just incase and cancel my card in 30 days which I agreed to. It turns out there was just a problem with the atm machine and my card still works at all other atms.
    My parents sent my new card over however Malaysia postal service is terrible and it hasn't arrived yet. 
    My question: Is it possible to extend how long my card will stay active for past 30 days if I ring you up? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

R0oster wrote: »
    Hi,

I've moved to Malaysia about 2 months ago and my atm card was working fine at the start, when one day I went to an ATM and it wouldn't give me any money. I assumed it was that BOI had frozen my card as I was making purchases abroad. I phoned them up to unfreeze it however they told me there wasn't a freeze on it and that my cards chip may have stopped working. 
    They said they'd send me a new card just incase and cancel my card in 30 days which I agreed to. It turns out there was just a problem with the atm machine and my card still works at all other atms.
    My parents sent my new card over however Malaysia postal service is terrible and it hasn't arrived yet. 
    My question: Is it possible to extend how long my card will stay active for past 30 days if I ring you up? 

Hi R0oster,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

It would not be possible to stop the cancellation of your old card. Once this 30 days is up, it would be the new card that you will need to use.

One option might be to transfer funds using Bank of Ireland 365 Online to a family member/ colleague if they are a Bank of Ireland account holder. If your mobile number is registered to receive activation codes, you have the option of registering a new payee, receiving the code by text and transferring straight away to their account. 
    Alternatively, if you hold a Bank of Ireland Credit Card, you could transfer funds online to this also. When you make the transfer before 3.30pm, the funds will arrive within one working day to the account.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement