Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religious Statues

Options
  • 19-03-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a small statue of Saint Joseph in or near dun laoghaire.

Does anyone know where i can get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

The "Divine Master Prayer Centre" at the top of Newtown Park Avenue has a shop I believe and may be able to help you out, not exactly my kind of thing though so I'm only guessing..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Veritas don't have a store in DL but via mail order they have a 20cm statute of St. Joseph for €20, free delivery in Ireland .....

http://www.veritasbooksonline.com/religious-accessories/statues.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Thanks guys, will try them both.

I'm terrible at this sorta stuff. Do I need to get them blessed?

I'm terrible at this sorta stuff. Do I need to get them blessed?

:confused: That's a very subjective issue. While trying to avoid the vexed topic of idolatry, does it make a difference to you whether the statue is blessed or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

coylemj wrote: »
    :confused: That's a very subjective issue. While trying to avoid the vexed topic of idolatry, does it make a difference to you whether the statue is blessed or not?

It's important to me that what I'm doing is done correctly alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ask them in the Divine Master place, they'll know the ins and outs.

Are you giving the statue as a gift to someone and are you wondering if they'll ask if it has been blessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Advertisement