Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Fixtures Week 3 & 4 March 20-24th, 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd take a point at Sligo.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bray have had poor start to the season, so hoping we can extend our run and make it 9 points out of 9. Be great to get 3 wins on the trot before moving onto tougher fixtures against Dundalk and Rovers.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hopefully the pitch in Stradbrook is less of a health hazard tomorrow compared to week one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hopefully the pitch in Stradbrook is less of a health hazard tomorrow compared to week one.

Has it rained the last 2 weeks? :confused: Doubt its any better.

Would take a draw in Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

There were 3 rugger bugger games on it the weekend we played them, but I don't think anything since. I really hope they sort out that pitch, because everything else is fine for the 1st division

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bray have had poor start to the season, so hoping we can extend our run and make it 9 points out of 9. Be great to get 3 wins on the trot before moving onto tougher fixtures against Dundalk and Rovers.

Bray will get chances like the last two matches, whether they take them or not is the big question. I'd still tip the scales in favour of Bohs either way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's going to be a very physical niggly game I suspect tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Big test for City tonight in Tallaght. Hoping for a similar team that started against Limerick but I fear we'll have Marky Sullivan up top on his own and we're in for a long night lobbing it up to him.

I'll go for a great 0-0 win for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Bloodbath on the cards I'd say. Hopefully a game will break out during it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why no TV game? City away to Shams and SPA away to Dundalk are good ones to show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Galway one up already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Dundalk slightly on top here in the first half and probably deserve to lead. Pats down to 10 for two yellows which probably were yellows but it was always going to happen referee giving soft frees all night. I wouldn't be surprised to see another red.

gimmick wrote: »
    Why no TV game? City away to Shams and SPA away to Dundalk are good ones to show.

They're going to need to get the Bohs poet to fill instead of the highlights from the game in Tallaght..

Awful game, not helped by a fussy ref who took it as a personal insult if a quick free was taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

doncarlos wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised to see another red.
    Good call! We played pretty bad tonight bar a 25 minute spell in the opening half but Pats indiscipline cost them dear. McCormack deservedly off for two clumsy challenges and I have no idea what Brennan was thinking. He makes a great tackle on Towell, ball goes out for a throw. Both men get up and Brennan pushes Towell. Straight red and game over. Good to see McMillan bag two. Hopefully he can kick on now. Gannon was atrocious tonight. Don't think I've seen him play worse. Anyway, top of the league once more. Bring on Sligo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another red.

Poor old KB. He's just misunderstood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

dfx- wrote: »
    They're going to need to get the Bohs poet to fill instead of the highlights from the game in Tallaght..

Awful game, not helped by a fussy ref who took it as a personal insult if a quick free was taken.

Thought the pitch didn't help either. Very bumpy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy enough with result for Cork. 2 tough away games out of the way. Win Tuesday will set us up nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pity Bohs aren't at home tomorrow. Could have diverted the water protesters to Dalyer.

:confused::confused:

Not sure WTF happened but we had 9 men after an hour and barely a bad tackle in the game. Finn kicked Brennan and the ref gave out to Bolger :confused: It was that type of night.

Dundalk kept giving us the ball and we were well in the game then I dont know what Mc Cormack was thinking, I know Massey a pro but turning your back when a player jumping to head a ball is not a clever thing to do, could have done himself some serious damage. I didnt teach him that!

We played the random card generator tonight and lost badly. Decent crowd at it, Dundalk were beatable tonight. Once we started putting over Gartlands head it was nailed on hilarity would happen next.

Funniest moment of the night was me shouting at Towell calling him a **** as he is asking the lino not to send off brennan as he never touched him.....lino tells ref to send him off :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

Not sure WTF happened but we had 9 men after an hour and barely a bad tackle in the game. Finn kicked Brennan and the ref gave out to Bolger :confused: It was that type of night.

Dundalk kept giving us the ball and we were well in the game then I dont know what Mc Cormack was thinking, I know Massey a pro but turning your back when a player jumping to head a ball is not a clever thing to do, could have done himself some serious damage. I didnt teach him that!

We played the random card generator tonight and lost badly. Decent crowd at it, Dundalk were beatable tonight. Once we started putting over Gartlands head it was nailed on hilarity would happen next.

Funniest moment of the night was me shouting at Towell calling him a **** as he is asking the lino not to send off brennan as he never touched him.....lino tells ref to send him off :pac:
    Random card generator? I suggest you watch the highlights on Monday night. Two clear yellow cards for McCormack. He was having a nightmare against Horgan anyway. Couldn't deal with him. Also Bolger is a moany ****er. Spent about five minutes shouting at Forrester. Thought poor Chris was going to cry.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Random card generator? I suggest you watch the highlights on Monday night. Two clear yellow cards for McCormack. He was having a nightmare against Horgan anyway. Couldn't deal with him. Also Bolger is a moany ****er. Spent about five minutes shouting at Forrester. Thought poor Chris was going to cry.

So why wasnt Finn booked for kicking Brennan on the half way line? Why wasnt Gannon booked when Forrester roasted him. We didnt even get a free for the Finn kick.

Again randon card generator, I dont moan about LOI refs as we both have to deal with it and some days it goes for you and others it doesnt.

Also solid debut for O Malley didnt do anything wrong for any of the goals or in general.

So why wasnt Finn booked for kicking Brennan on the half way line? Why wasnt Gannon booked when Forrester roasted him. We didnt even get a free for the Finn kick.

Again randon card generator, I dont moan about LOI refs as we both have to deal with it and some days it goes for you and others it doesnt.
    Didn't see Finn's kick and a yellow for Gannon would have been harsh. Think I remember you moaning about the ref after Rovers beat you's a couple of weeks ago. Pats have a discipline problem. Tell Bucko to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

Easy win for Dundalk tonight.

We never had to leave 1st gear and the St Pats self destruction handed us the win.

Bucko must have had the players fired up for this one, but it backfired massively. Such an unprofessional display, I'd be more worried about the players behaviour than the refs if I was a Pats fan.

Great for DMcM to get a brace, the first was a lovely connection. Good crowd aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Didn't see Finn's kick and a yellow for Gannon would have been harsh. Think I remember you moaning about the ref after Rovers beat you's a couple of weeks ago. Pats have a discipline problem. Tell Bucko to sort it out.

It did see the Finn kick. He was late, went over the ball, and caught the player. It was a definite yellow.

However, there were many examples of fouls on Dundalk players being ignored. McMillan was being constantly fouled and the ref kept ignoring it.

I thought the ref was very poor.

However, he was right with both sendings off. It could even be argued that McCormack deserved a straight red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

McMillan was kicked from top to toe!! I had all my money on Bolger to be the first to go tbh,he got away with a lot of crap tonight.Bucks is winding Pats too tight before matches i reckon.Ref was poor but Pats players wound him up.Great attendance in Oriel tonight,long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

had a feeling Cork and Rovers would cancel each other out might be heading to the Limerick/Longford game this evening hopefully we'll see a few goals as both teams need to start racking up the points

conroym7 wrote: »
    We never had to leave 1st gear and the St Pats self destruction handed us the win.

if you dont see how easy it was for 9 men to get to your goal and cause you issues, your going have an interesting season.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Pats were ridiculously physical against Rovers. 3/4 of their back four were booked for ridiculous fouls. And I was surprised Bolger stayed on the field after screaming in the ref's face in the first half the getting booked in the second. I assumed it was an anomaly because Buckley had anticipated Rovers being very physical, but it was a odd approach from a team who'd waltzed to the title two years ago playing attractive football. It's strange because when they actually just focus on playing football they're the best team in the league to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

if you dont see how easy it was for 9 men to get to your goal and cause you issues, your going have an interesting season.

We must have been at a different game because 9 men never troubled Dundalk at all.

Pats had a good spell when they went to 10 men but only managed to test Rogers once from a forester long range effort.

If you don't see how unprofessional your players where last night and how much they let you down, your in for an interesting season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

But they didn't get to our goal??

Dundalk play an open and expansive style of football. They push the full backs up the park and both Towell and Finn attack all the time.

This leaves Chris Shields to cover a huge amount of ground.

The opposition will get chances. However, this is the style of football that made us champions and gets 4,000 people into the ground.

However, this is the style of football that made us champions and gets 4,000 people into the ground.

You'll look back at these posts on about 3 years with a fond mixture of nostalgia and complete cringe.

ollaetta wrote: »
    Thought the pitch didn't help either. Very bumpy.

It would've been if either side used the pitch. Both sides were playing for corners and throw ins and then working it back to their keeper. Not complaining about the point though, it's the sort of attitude missing last season.

The pitch usually improves as the season gets into the spring although it's as poor as I've seen it before.

Last night was a match we'd have been ambushed in during the last two years. Team just needs to settle a bit now. Happy with the season so far.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lovely sunny day for Bray

Will be interesting watch it turn bitter and rainy as we approach kick off :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Lovely sunny day for Bray

Will be interesting watch it turn bitter and rainy as we approach kick off :pac:

If it does I'll be huntin' you down laddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Scoreless at the Carlisle Grounds. Scrappy game. Bohs having the better of it. Can't believe it's not raining in Bray..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Decent goal there by Adam. 1 up for the bohs.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

But they didn't get to our goal??

Dundalk play an open and expansive style of football. They push the full backs up the park and both Towell and Finn attack all the time.

This leaves Chris Shields to cover a huge amount of ground.

The opposition will get chances. However, this is the style of football that made us champions and gets 4,000 people into the ground.
    I'd never describe the game Dundalk play as "open". They play a possession-based game that allows the full-backs to push forward, yes, but that doesn't mean it's open. Open is going hell-for-leather in attack and leaving yourself vulnerable to counters, but generally Dundalk are very well-organised in defence to ensure that doesn't happen. They don't take an awful lot of risks, because they're good enough at holding onto the ball that they don't need to. Pats are the same. The only team I'd consistently describe as "open" is Martin Russell's UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

My Dad as well as a load of other fans were let in for free last night in the Carlisle. Big crowds on the stroke of kick off and just after it and the stewards just said go in for free. It's sad to see when LOI clubs are on their knees and don't even have the basic infrastructure to deal with a couple of hundred away fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BOHtox wrote: »
    My Dad as well as a load of other fans were let in for free last night in the Carlisle. Big crowds on the stroke of kick off and just after it and the stewards just said go in for free. It's sad to see when LOI clubs are on their knees and don't even have the basic infrastructure to deal with a couple of hundred away fans.

They ran out of adult tickets when I was at the kiosk. I hung on a couple of minutes while they went to get more but it's a bit silly for that to happen, you're right. Any number for the attendance at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Omackeral wrote: »
    They ran out of adult tickets when I was at the kiosk. I hung on a couple of minutes while they went to get more but it's a bit silly for that to happen, you're right. Any number for the attendance at it?

Maybe that was the problem too and it was lost in translation somewhere along the way but the steward told him and others he could just enter for free. This was a good five/ten minutes after kick off and I'd say and he had been queuing for a while.

Cabinteelys pitch is as bad as it looked in the pictures...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

As bad as Oriel is, the pitch is still better than a lot of grass pitches in the country. Derry's and Rovers' bad this season too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Out of interest, what was the home crowd like in Stradbook on Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As bad as Oriel is, the pitch is still better than a lot of grass pitches in the country. Derry's and Rovers' bad this season too.

The Brandywell pitch is always poor at this time of the season, but improves dramatically around May time once the weather picks up.

You have to remember too that the Brandywell is a council-owned pitch and as a result it is used constantly by the local junior leagues right throughout the winter months, so it never gets rested, with constant games while the weather is bad. No pitch is going to be good under those conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

NIMAN wrote: »
    The Brandywell pitch is always poor at this time of the season, but improves dramatically around May time once the weather picks up.

You have to remember too that the Brandywell is a council-owned pitch and as a result it is used constantly by the local junior leagues right throughout the winter months, so it never gets rested, with constant games while the weather is bad. No pitch is going to be good under those conditions.

Same as Turners Cross, owned by the MFA used all year round but its like a carpet at the moment. The sooner the Brandywell is redeveloped the better for Derry City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

1186 i seen on their Twitter iirc

1186 i seen on their Twitter iirc

Think it was that on Extratime.ie ye. Hard to estimate the Shelbourne crowd but it was sizeable, 300+. I would have said 800 max at the match tbh, and I'd imagine a large chunk of the home crowd was freebies. Not to mention they were giving out student tickets to anyone who looked under 30!

The absolute state of Jackman Park on Soccer Republic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement