Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Fixtures Week 3 & 4 March 20-24th, 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its no Nou Camp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

That_Guy wrote: »
    The absolute state of Jackman Park on Soccer Republic.

And also in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

CHealy wrote: »
    Same as Turners Cross, owned by the MFA used all year round but its like a carpet at the moment. The sooner the Brandywell is redeveloped the better for Derry City.

Are they still going for an artificial surface at the new Brandywell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

As I thought at the time, Sam Oji's red card was a completely ridiculous decision by Graham Kelly. See for yourselves here. In any other country it would be overturned but in this shambles of a league we have to go away to Cork tonight without 3 of our back 4.

http://youtu.be/dcQCsOEBvM8

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The absolute state of Jackman Park on Soccer Republic.

To be fair it's only in use until May.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not expecting much against Dundalk tonight, despite our positive results. We've given away space and chances that weren't taken advantage of previously, but Dundalk will punish.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

As I thought at the time, Sam Oji's red card was a completely ridiculous decision by Graham Kelly. See for yourselves here. In any other country it would be overturned but in this shambles of a league we have to go away to Cork tonight without 3 of our back 4.

It looked like a dive alright, but to be fair to the ref, he doesn't always have a perfect view of everything. He has a few seconds to decide if it's a foul or not. And if it is a foul, he has to decide on whether the striker was denied a goalscoring opportunity. It looked like keeper was well placed to collect the ball, but a striker could have sprinted to it quicker.

What other semi-professional league has an appeals process in place that can have hearings in time for a match four days later? In the LoI, it's an automatic one game ban and then the disciplinary committee decide at their fortnightly or monthly meeting (can't remember which it is) on whether the player should be banned for longer. That's then applied for the following matches.

I think that's a fair enough system, given the means of the league. If you held back on any suspension full stop until the hearing, then you could have ridiculous situations of the initial ban not taking place until a few weeks after the red card. And if you held off on the initial ban pending an appeal, you could have a team coincidentally appealing a clear red card so that the player would be available for a big match and then withdrawing the appeal after they play. The system as is strikes a balance between fair procedures and punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not expecting much against Dundalk tonight, despite our positive results. We've given away space and chances that weren't taken advantage of previously, but Dundalk will punish.

Born to bloody moan you are....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Officials got it badly wrong. Not only did it not deny a Certain goal it was a dive to boot! When I saw it I thought the Linno must of seen something I couldn't, from looking at the highlights it seems the Ref didn't even consult him and just made a rash decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Full programme tonight in the SSE Airtricity League Premier Division.

airtricity-logo.jpg

All games take place on Tuesday 24th with a 7.45 PM KO unless otherwise stated.

Premier Division

Bohemians vs Dundalk @ Dalymount Park

Cork City vs Galway Utd @ Turner's Cross

Drogheda Utd vs Limerick @ Hunky Dory Park

St Pats vs Derry City @ Richmond Park

Sligo Rovers vs Shamrock Rovers @ The Showgrounds

Longford Town vs Bray Wanderers @ City Calling Stadium

Very important game for Pats tonight. Two defeats already and Derry are no mugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not confident for tonight. If they start taking chances I would be, but no reason to assume it'll happen away to Longford.

Born to bloody moan you are....

;)

If you go into every game pessimistic, the wins are better and the losses are softer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Didn't see the game in Derry but we've been just ok in the other two games. Decent in patches but lots of room for improvement. Hopefully we can step it up a bit this evening. Daryl Horgan could prove the difference this evening. He's started the season in great form so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Hoping to hit Galway for a few tonight. No excuses for us to not beat them well. Cork City 3 - 0 Galway United.

Hoping to hit Galway for a few tonight. No excuses for us to not beat them well. Cork City 3 - 0 Galway United.

2-1 or 2-0 imo. They're not Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Pighead wrote: »
    Didn't see the game in Derry but we've been just ok in the other two games. Decent in patches but lots of room for improvement. Hopefully we can step it up a bit this evening. Daryl Horgan could prove the difference this evening. He's started the season in great form so far.

Hopefully they have the grass cut this time. Their crafty plan didn't work last time so they might not try it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Very important game for Pats tonight. Two defeats already and Derry are no mugs.

We're missing players through injury and suspension as well. This is a tricky one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Video

That was an awful dive and red card

• Advertisement

And we never got out of 1st gear and still battered them 5-0. Hopefully they go for it tonight. Goal difference could be important by the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

And we never got out of 1st gear and still battered them 5-0. Hopefully they go for it tonight. Goal difference could be important by the end of the season.

Wow , talking of racking up the goal difference on the fourth game. The confidence is flowing on leeside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We have a shocking number of players out, I fear a beating tonight. Wouldn't be surprised to see 3 goals in it.

As I suspected.

I dunno who is the Extratime reporter in Cork, but they said "Galway have shown enough for me to suggest that they are more than able to survive in the Premier Division."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

According to livescore.com the Pats match is in the 11th minute of injury time.

Anyone shed some light on that?

Good away win for Rovers tonight to stay unbeaten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Great win for us tonight! Bohs prob were the better team even with 10 men but don't take your chances, you don't win games

Sign of Champions, 4 games, 4 average performances, 12 points, 8 goals for, 0 against and a hone game on Friday

Great time to be a Dundalk fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We are in a spot of bother over here in the West. Our keeper is dire, our defense is leaky and our attackers seem to have shot their load in pre-season against non-league teams.

Shams weren't great either but they are going home with all the points.

Very disappointed with that, 0-3 is a very harsh scoreline on us, just got picked apart as we tired looking for an equaliser. Thought we battled well and will take some positives from the game.

Professional performance from Dundalk once they took the lead in fairness.

It was freezing at the Cross tonight. Not a great game, City deserved win but not even by 2 goals .

Galway are not too shabby could of scored but their decision making when they got in City half let them down dozen times or so.

Reckon around 2500 at game maybe little more.

It was freezing at the Cross tonight. Not a great game, City deserved win but not even by 2 goals .

Galway are not too shabby could of scored but their decision making when they got in City half let them down dozen times or so.

Reckon around 2500 at game maybe little more.

Poor game alright. Official attendance was 2934. Fantastic for a Tuesday night against Galway. Fair play to the 20 or so Galway fans that came down.

• Advertisement

Poor game alright. Official attendance was 2934. Fantastic for a Tuesday night against Galway. Fair play to the 20 or so Galway fans that came down.

Ya the Galway fans made great noise for so few. Even till very end. Could hear them in Shed end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Dire stuff in United Park.

The red card was extremely harsh on Alan Byrne.

Great free kick though by Sean Thornton.

A draw was fair between two poor teams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That's an excellent result for Rovers. Good to see Drennan get off the mark with the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

^^

Very disappointed with that, 0-3 is a very harsh scoreline on us, just got picked apart as we tired looking for an equaliser. Thought we battled well and will take some positives from the game.

Professional performance from Dundalk once they took the lead in fairness.

Good performance from Bohs. When it was 11 v 11, it was very even. Even after going down to 10 men, Bohs were very much in the game.

Dundalk got a bit of luck with the first goal but never really got their quick passing game together.

Dundalk eventually exploited the one man advantage and made the scoreline look misleading.

I can see Bohs battling it out with Cork and Pats for 3rd and 4th place if they don't pick up any injuries.

Officials in this league are a bloody disaster. 3-0 flatters to deceive for Dundalk who were pretty average for a large portion of the game.

Difference between taking the chances and not I suppose.

Anto Murphy's dismissal was as bad a decision you're likely to see. Horrendous stuff.

I can't really fault how Bohs played. Worked their absolute socks off. Adam Kelly in particular deserves special mention. Held the ball up very well and busted a gut to try and win everything.

Game leaves a sour taste but come Friday it'll be forgotten about I'm sure.

It was hard to tell how good Bohs really are as Dundalk played so poorly but it was an excellent performance from them last night and if luck had of gone their way they would have got something from that game.
    Couldn't tell if it was a booking as the challenge was down the other end of the field but bulling into a tackle when you are already on a yellow is idiotic in this league.

To win four games in a row when you are not playing well conceding zero goals is bad news for the rest of the league because if and it's a big if we click we'll be hard to catch.

I thought Anto got the ball myself, but will wait for a replay before getting too annoyed about it.

Missing him for Friday is a massive blow.

Missing him for Friday is a massive blow.

This.

He's been absolutely immense for us. I imagine Lopes will go back into central defence. Dillon/Creavey in midfield perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

doncarlos wrote: »
    To win four games in a row when you are not playing well conceding zero goals is bad news for the rest of the league because if and it's a big if we click we'll be hard to catch.

Jaysis, calm down man. It's just four games. Sligo won their first eight as defending Champions two years back and that went tits up.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jaysis, calm down man. It's just four games. Sligo won their first eight as defending Champions two years back and that went tits up.

No one is getting carried away in Dundalk. Are we supposed to be unhappy to have won our first four games without conceding a goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You just know somebody from Dundalk is on the verge of using the dread words, The Big Club, don't you.

anncoates wrote: »
    You just know somebody from Dundalk is on the verge of using the dread words, The Big Club, don't you.

Or model club....

Calm down? I've said all along I don't think we would win the league but if we do end up winning it it will say more about our rivals than Dundalk. We are a completely different animal without Hoban and aren't playing particularly well but we are still picking up wins

To be fair, I don't think theres a club in the country who wouldn't get carried away if they cruised to 4 victories in their opening 4 games as champions.

• Advertisement

This.

He's been absolutely immense for us. I imagine Lopes will go back into central defence. Dillon/Creavey in midfield perhaps?

I'd be inclined to play Bucko beside Creevy. Think Dillon and Creevy together could be a bit soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

doncarlos wrote: »
    Or model club....

Blame JD on that one. Or whoever it was. Fran Gavin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Could this finally be the year we retain our title. We've never managed it before but we've started very well this time around. We've made Oriel a fortress since Kenny has come in and are currently on a 20 game unbeaten run. Limerick were the last team to beat us in the league back in 2013.

Sligo up next and if we don't lose we'll equal the club record for longest unbeaten home record (league). As said we haven't really hit form yet but I'm confident we'll click soon. Finn has slotted in very well and McMillan is up and running which will do his confidence a world of good. Great times to be a Lilywhite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Solid win for us last night. Bolger's goal was top drawer stuff and our defence played well. Could still be slightly better attacking wise but cant really complain about a 2-0 win.

Derry are a reasonably solid team who its hard to see them in relegation trouble at the end of the season. Equally its hard to see them challenging the top 4 this season either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Officials in this league are a bloody disaster. 3-0 flatters to deceive for Dundalk who were pretty average for a large portion of the game.

Difference between taking the chances and not I suppose.

Anto Murphy's dismissal was as bad a decision you're likely to see. Horrendous stuff.

I can't really fault how Bohs played. Worked their absolute socks off. Adam Kelly in particular deserves special mention. Held the ball up very well and busted a gut to try and win everything.

Game leaves a sour taste but come Friday it'll be forgotten about I'm sure.

I wasn't at the match so amn't sure who you're talking about. Adam Evans or Dean Kelly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement