Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation venue christening Lucan

Options
  • 19-03-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anybody could recommend a venue for a meal for 18 people for a christening. Good food is a must not buffet or finger food. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

traineeacc wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anybody could recommend a venue for a meal for 18 people for a christening. Good food is a must not buffet or finger food. Thanks

We'd our sons christening a few weeks ago in the salmon leap in leixlip, great food, gave us loads of choices and was very reasonable too.

(I know it's not quite Lucan, but close enough!!)

There's always the Elm Leaf (old La Banca) had dinner there recently and it was good, the upstairs would be nice for a private party. Or there's Lucan golf club, Keith Kenny (old owner/chef from La Banca) does the food. Or the Kashturi/Dheli Darbur if you wanted to go something slightly different.

Or there's always Finnstown, food is always good there, know plenty of people who have Chriatenings/communions etc there. Or Becketts in cooldrinagh is supposed to be fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Would you mind sharing the price per head for the salmon leap? And did you go with finger food style or actual meals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Food in the golf club is excellent and great value. I like Finnstown house too as its a lovely setting and again food is good, but will be pricey

Would you mind sharing the price per head for the salmon leap? And did you go with finger food style or actual meals

We'd a 3 course meal

Starters: soup of the day or cesar salad

Mains:
    Beer battered fish and chips (huge portions of fish)
    Chicken, mash, veg, red wine sauce
    Steak sandwich-6oz striploin on garlic ciabatta (apparently was amazing!)
    Mac and cheese with garlic bread

Dessert:
    Triple chocolate brownie
    Ice-cream with fruit and sauce
    Fruit salad

Worked out approx €20 a head, then we got a few bottles of wine for the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Thanks never thought of salmon leap, might pop in one of the evening for a nosey. It's newly reopened isn't it? Becketts or Finnstown were the places I was thinking so far. Golf club another good option I never thought of. Have never been to it but have heard food is good. Thanks for suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Fagashlil wrote: »
    We'd a 3 course meal

Starters: soup of the day or cesar salad

Mains:
    Beer battered fish and chips (huge portions of fish)
    Chicken, mash, veg, red wine sauce
    Steak sandwich-6oz striploin on garlic ciabatta (apparently was amazing!)
    Mac and cheese with garlic bread

Dessert:
    Triple chocolate brownie
    Ice-cream with fruit and sauce
    Fruit salad

Worked out approx €20 a head, then we got a few bottles of wine for the table.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Becketts or Carton House would be my choice.
    We had our first daughter's christening in Finnstown in 2012 and I swore I would never give them another cent for the rest of my life.
    Mediocre food and the service was so bad, I spent the day supervising the staff myself. I've been to many events from several weddings, a funeral afters, some parties and events and the christening.
    Same thing every time - mediocre.

We have a second christening coming up so I'm going to book Carton House.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Another vote here for Lucan golf club. I am having my child's christening there. I eat there quite often and the food is very good. They are on Facebook called golf 19 at Lucan I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Heroditas wrote: »
    Becketts or Carton House would be my choice.
    We had our first daughter's christening in Finnstown in 2012 and I swore I would never give them another cent for the rest of my life.
    Mediocre food and the service was so bad, I spent the day supervising the staff myself. I've been to many events from several weddings, a funeral afters, some parties and events and the christening.
    Same thing every time - mediocre.

We have a second christening coming up so I'm going to book Carton House.

Remembered looking at that for a wedding venue, wouldn't give us a late bar license, so that was that and off to barberstown castle we went, great place.

• Advertisement

Actually, given what I was told about Finnstown and the carry on that happened over a wedding a couple of weeks ago, I'd now happily reccomend to avoid them!!

Advertisement