Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man sentenced to life in prison

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I've stayed away from everything to do with it because to be honest I'm not able for it.
    It's an awful thing to say but I'm so thankful that that other trial has being going on, otherwise it would've been all over the place on tv.

I'm just thankful of the result.

pure dirt.

tonight I'm raising a glass for justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I'd have given him life for the photograph of him alone.

deise08 wrote: »
    I've stayed away from everything to do with it because to be honest I'm not able for it.
    It's an awful thing to say but I'm so thankful that that other trial has being going on, otherwise it would've been all over the place on tv.

pure dirt.

I went to school with the lad who was killed, he seemed a bit naive at times but was by no means a bad lad. Can't believe someone can not only kill someone but in the way he done it.....

I heard another few things about the case that are not in the papers and I am just disgusted by this whole case.

It's only last week that I've been able to talk about him without crying.

I haven't read papers, radio or internet out of respect to him. and because I wouldn't be able for it. People have been tryin to tell me things and I've had to stop them. One piece of information that I cannot unhear :(:( and I wish I could.

There's a lot I'd like to say. about what I'd like to happen to the dirt but I would get a ban.

I will never make peace with what happened.

his poor family. :(

I can only speak well of him. :(
    If you knew him well I'm sorry for your loss. I only knew him to see him around school, he seemed liked the harmless joker type. I am genuinely never shocked by much but this was just horrible.

I hope his family can get some closure now that the f**ker is in jail and the case is over. Things I was saying I heard had nothing to do with the actual murder was just a rumor which can't be discussed obviously because it cant be proven.

pure dirt.

What other trial is going on?

• Advertisement

What other trial is going on?

That one of the girl killed from the guy from the bondage website.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

That one of the girl killed from the guy from the bondage website.

Allegedly! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

That art building should have been demolished by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

How can you be sentenced to life in prison, and still be out before you are 40?!?

Its a bleedin' joke Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Life sentence is 14 years in Ireland I think. Automatic remission for good behaviour of 25%. Add in time served which I think is 3 years and he could be out in 7-8 years. Hope to Christ I'm wrong and someone corrects me

• Advertisement

thomasm wrote: »
    Life sentence is 14 years in Ireland I think. Automatic remission for good behaviour of 25%. Add in time served which I think is 3 years and he could be out in 7-8 years. Hope to Christ I'm wrong and someone corrects me

Jesus christ imagine if someone who murdered someone in that way was out within 8 years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jake66

thomasm wrote: »

There,s no remission on a life sentence.
    Life sentences tend to be longer now than in the past. More like 18-20 years.
    He will be given credit for any time served on remand.
    In a few months he will largely be forgotten about, but will have a certain status in prison
    amongst the dirtbirds some of whom will treat him like a hero.
    Thanks to the inspector of prisons he will have extra privileges like an armchair in his cell an a special dinner before Christmas as a little bonus for killing someone..

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

He will go gay for the stay and come out with an arse like a clowns pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

The average life sentence in Ireland now is 18 years.

Ireland has an automatic 25% reduction on sentences, years are calculated in 9 month periods as such. This doesn't apply to life sentences, these are ever changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I thought life meant life as in if you got a life sentence you would die in prison,wasn't there a case a few years ago in Waterford where the guy got life for murdering the horse trainer i remember reading in the news that it was the first time a life sentence would actually mean life.

I thought life meant life as in if you got a life sentence you would die in prison,wasn't there a case a few years ago in Waterford where the guy got life for murdering the horse trainer i remember reading in the news that it was the first time a life sentence would actually mean life.

Just looked it up there and it seems Anthony Barnes got 'Life Sentence' for killing the trainer, I don't think that means until he dies. He will be out at some stage and will get to live a life unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think its only the UK that has whole of life tariffs. Never heard of it in Ireland, though there is a guy from the West that killed a nurse that needs the permission of the Minister of Justice to approve their parole.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 paddler1974

malcolm mcarthur released after 30 year life sentence for two murders including the nurse. to my knowledge one of the longest life sentences served in modern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Thats the one I was thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I think its only the UK that has whole of life tariffs. Never heard of it in Ireland, though there is a guy from the West that killed a nurse that needs the permission of the Minister of Justice to approve their parole.

Every Lifer in Ireland needs the permission of the Minister to be released, They stay under License till they die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

A witness is quoting as saying the killer said "Im a mad bastard" while hitting the victim with the brick...I cant even explain how angry that makes me.Stupid little ****, i hope he gets tortured in the prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

A witness is quoting as saying the killer said "Im a mad bastard" while hitting the victim with the brick...I cant even explain how angry that makes me.Stupid little ****, i hope he gets tortured in the prison.

https://www.facebook.com/williampascal.moran/photos

Look at the absolute stupid head on him, Sending facebook messages about the murder just reinforces how stupid he is, He will be getting laughed at in prison over it anyway.

I really hope he meets a few bubbas up there.

Advertisement