Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corkagh park gone??

Options
  • 19-03-2015 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Is corkagh park gone now in regards to fishing?
    Went for walk with family earlier and coffee shop was closed down and no one fishing.
    I knew it was gone t the dogs but didn't know it was gone gone.
    Seen several fish dead on bottom of lake beside bank. Trout and roach and also seen a dead pike. Couldn't believe its
    On way back I seen a very very small jack pike.
    Did someone put them there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭db97

Last time I was up there had a small carp probably 2 summers ago and was talking to the new owner and he was sayin the chap that was running the place before him put them in out of spite dont know if thats through but dont see why hed lie.. the same day I caught the carp I seen a decent carp roaming around the margins and also two pike roughly 8or9 lb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'd heard about Pike being snuck into the lakes and was sure it had to be tall tales, can't believe someone actually did.

Last time I was there (few years back) it seemed to be all focused on the carp and the trout lake seemed a neglected, water seemed filthy.

Yea man the water is manky allright and so over fished I remember thriwing in a handfull of maggots and then drop in my hookbait with no weight just the weight of the hook and the carp was taking every maggot except my hookbait I was amazed haha very shy and clever carp when I was there also at the time there was no spinning in the trout lake and yet there was 4 fellas wacking the trout out of it with a mepps they litterally had over 20 trout and the owner didnt say anything so id say the poor fishing is down to poor management its a shame thou because it was a nice venue when it first opened..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

^^^^ exactly.
    Do you remember Godfrey had that place running perfect.
    Fly lake was of course fly only and had some lovely fish in it.
    image_zps863299d9.jpg
    This was a record there for a while and still my pb

Yea was a lovely spot allright but just declined over the years big time and thats a lovely rainbow man big slab of a trout ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

(Big Fish Pic)
    This was a record there for a while and still my pb

Second time seeing that fish and it never gets easier to take in the size, some specimen.

I only fished there two or three times and I was obviously late to the game because I never had a good trip there but clearly the fishing was good there once. Here's hoping there might be a chance of new ownership rather then the lakes getting left to fester.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

niallon wrote: »
    Second time seeing that fish and it never gets easier to take in the size, some specimen.

I only fished there two or three times and I was obviously late to the game because I never had a good trip there but clearly the fishing was good there once. Here's hoping there might be a chance of new ownership rather then the lakes getting left to fester.

Cheers lads. Another slab on a goldhead buzzer.
    The fishing was great and lads in the shop full of chat an a laugh and after hours I stayed a few times with them for night fishing on the carp lake.
    It really went bad when they allowed bait and all methods on trout lake.
    That was enough for me to forget it.
    There is some fish still in it by looks of it including pike so hopefully someone will bring it back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Fly fishing for carp is supposed to be great sport, might be worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

From what I've heard it's been semi looked after by inland fisheries- apparently des chew has overseen the introduction of 1000 roach Rudd and hybrids in the last month. From what I've heard he has an interest in bringing it back, I've heard it's free too fish at the moment though as no one is up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

niallon wrote: »

Your not here long are you???

:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement