Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths in Software Development

Options
  • 19-03-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey guys Im planning to do Software Development this year in CIT and Im wondering if you can help me out?
    I want to know what the maths is like in Software Development course, I got a B2 in ordinary Maths in my Leaving Cert and before this course I did a lot of maths in my previous course Pharmaceutical Science in WIT. I got pretty high results in my tests there ranging between 80-90 percent. Im just wondering is this enough experience for me in the maths side of the course so I dont get shocked when I start it on September ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Solus7 wrote: »
    Hey guys Im planning to do Software Development this year in CIT and Im wondering if you can help me out?
    I want to know what the maths is like in Software Development course, I got a B2 in ordinary Maths in my Leaving Cert and before this course I did a lot of maths in my previous course Pharmaceutical Science in WIT. I got pretty high results in my tests there ranging between 80-90 percent. Im just wondering is this enough experience for me in the maths side of the course so I dont get shocked when I start it on September ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you
    In most CIT courses they will teach you everything you need to know. However that being said the greatest failure rate is in the Maths modules, however it is actually statistically proven in the college that people who turn up to all the maths lectures and tutorials very rarely fail, the people who struggle are those who miss lectures.

There are alot of good lecturers in the Maths Department in CIT, they are knowledgeable and approachable for the most part. The key to maths out there is to turn up always and put a little effort in each week with it.

Advertisement