Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone not getting address from dhcp

Options
  • 19-03-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

I have upc in the house and all of my wireless devices connect up and are given a 192 address by dhcp., and can access the internet etc.

However, lately my htc phone will connect to WiFi but I can't get internet access. On closer inspection, my phone keeps getting an APIPA address. I don't have any mac filtering or anything like that set up.

I went through all the router settings and all looks ok. I did have port forwarding set up for something else, I reset this just to see, but problem still persists. It unusual as ill get access on my phone from time to time but lately, 80% of the time I'm getting an APIPA address even Thou my other devices are not..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just to update, the phone has internet access now, but still getting a 169 address... even tho all other devices are getting 192 addresses... really confused.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

cojomo2 wrote: »
    I have upc in the house and all of my wireless devices connect up and are given a 192 address by dhcp., and can access the internet etc.

However, lately my htc phone will connect to WiFi but I can't get internet access. On closer inspection, my phone keeps getting an APIPA address. I don't have any mac filtering or anything like that set up.

I went through all the router settings and all looks ok. I did have port forwarding set up for something else, I reset this just to see, but problem still persists. It unusual as ill get access on my phone from time to time but lately, 80% of the time I'm getting an APIPA address even Thou my other devices are not..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just to update, the phone has internet access now, but still getting a 169 address... even tho all other devices are getting 192 addresses... really confused.

See if you can set a static IP on the phone.

Advertisement