If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zone 2 on A Denon AVR X2000

Options
  • 19-03-2015 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hey Guys,
    You lads have always seemed to steer me the right direction so I thought Id pick your brains for some advice on setup and some products if I can !?

Current setup is Denon AVR x2000 connected up for 7.1 surround sound with 1 centre, 1 active sub 2 front bookshelves 2 side satellites and two rear satellites, so all avail connections are being used! 

Im thinking of getting one of the rooms in our house done up. This room is adjacent to the current home theater room. I still have my previous Denon avr 1611 in working order but not being used.

My understanding of the applying Zone 2 would be that Id have to use the Pre Out of the zone 2 using the red and white R&L  and pipe it into the different room and then use an another amp to get the audio out (only in stereo I believe?)
    The main use I want it for is for during parties etc, that there is one source of music but for both rooms. (Though if possible could the various video sources coming in via HDMI on the AVR X2000 be transferred to the other room?)

Would the Denon Avr 1611 work as this amp in the second room? as a R & L in for the Sat/cbl or something?
    Id also be looking to use the 1611 on the days it isnt partying as its intended role for some HDMI inputs with a TV there, so Ill prob be looking for some advice for some discreet white bookshelves and perhaps 2-4 ceiling speakers. 

Will this setup work or am I going about it all wrong?

Thanks in advance

Eoin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Eoin.

Apologies foro the delay in getting back to you.

I've had a check in the manual for the AVRX2000.

You can you use pre out Zone 2 left and right into you 1611 and use it to power the speakers. It would only be a stereo sound as you correctly mention.
    However it looks like it would be the same as Zone 1 as it seems to suggest this through my digging.

If you check on the Denon website you can view the manual, page 93. As far as I can gather its the same played through to Zone 2.

You could just set the 1611 beside your main 2000 and give it a try before running cable to another room.

Let me know when if your needs the inceiling or the two smaller speakers and I can see wahats availalbe.

Keoin18 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    You lads have always seemed to steer me the right direction so I thought Id pick your brains for some advice on setup and some products if I can !?

Current setup is Denon AVR x2000 connected up for 7.1 surround sound with 1 centre, 1 active sub 2 front bookshelves 2 side satellites and two rear satellites, so all avail connections are being used! 

Im thinking of getting one of the rooms in our house done up. This room is adjacent to the current home theater room. I still have my previous Denon avr 1611 in working order but not being used.

My understanding of the applying Zone 2 would be that Id have to use the Pre Out of the zone 2 using the red and white R&L  and pipe it into the different room and then use an another amp to get the audio out (only in stereo I believe?)
    The main use I want it for is for during parties etc, that there is one source of music but for both rooms. (Though if possible could the various video sources coming in via HDMI on the AVR X2000 be transferred to the other room?)

Would the Denon Avr 1611 work as this amp in the second room? as a R & L in for the Sat/cbl or something?
    Id also be looking to use the 1611 on the days it isnt partying as its intended role for some HDMI inputs with a TV there, so Ill prob be looking for some advice for some discreet white bookshelves and perhaps 2-4 ceiling speakers. 

Will this setup work or am I going about it all wrong?

Thanks in advance

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Keoin18

Hey Kenny,
    Thanks for the prompt response! Im going to get the two side by side when I get home and test (obvious thing to do but totally missed it!!)
    As soon as I have confirmed all working and what specs I need for the incelings Ill be getting back to you guys! 

One last question, can in ceilings be used as in walls? Looking to make the current 7.1 setup a bit more streamline and looking at some discreet options for the surrounds (currently 4 Yamaha ns-p285 black satellites on stands). 

Thanks again for the solid direction!!

Eoin

Hi Eoin.

No problem at all!

The in ceilings cant usually be used as in wall.

Monitor Audio also offer a range on in wall speakers if you have to go down that route.

Let me know once you've checked the Zone 2 and we'll see what we can come up with.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Eoin.

No problem at all!

The in ceilings cant usually be used as in wall.

Monitor Audio also offer a range on in wall speakers if you have to go down that route.

Let me know once you've checked the Zone 2 and we'll see what we can come up with.
    In-ceilings can be used as in wall speakers no problem, its just that conventionally in wall speakers are square whilst in ceiling speakers tend to be circular!

On the Z2 issue, I'm pretty sure that you can select a different source in Z2 to Z1 on the AVRX2100 via the pre-outs ( however that source has to be an analogue input!)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hey quick update,
    I connected the Denon 1611 Sat/Cbl via the Zone 2 out on the X2000 and could get both All Zones (so all music played through both receivers) working. Applying the the different sources worked too. What this meant was that the x2000 could be outputting the PS4 Audio and Video, and then Zone 2 could be outputting just the Audio for an alternative source. All sources except for the Tuner on my X2000 are video too so dont think Ill get much use out of having Zone 2 audio on its own.
    Thanks for the Help guys, Ill be in touch closer to the time to see about in-walls/ ceiling speakers.

Cheers!

Eoin

• Advertisement

Hey quick update,
    I connected the Denon 1611 Sat/Cbl via the Zone 2 out on the X2000 and could get both All Zones (so all music played through both receivers) working. Applying the the different sources worked too. What this meant was that the x2000 could be outputting the PS4 Audio and Video, and then Zone 2 could be outputting just the Audio for an alternative source. All sources except for the Tuner on my X2000 are video too so dont think Ill get much use out of having Zone 2 audio on its own.
    Thanks for the Help guys, Ill be in touch closer to the time to see about in-walls/ ceiling speakers.

Cheers!

Eoin
    Hi Keoin18.

No problem at all.

In the mean time any further questions please let me know :)

Hey Guys,
    So we started the process of getting the work done to our kitchen and I was wondering if you could give me some direction again with speakers to go for?
    Its going to be our kitchen but I wanted to make sure that its still good for parties and as a second room to watch tv etc when cooking or relaxing (or using the speaker system for the radio)
    As mentioned in the previous messages on this thread, Ill be using my Denon X2000 to zone 2 the same source audio to my Denon 1611. Ive tested this and it works. 
    Can you give me some advice on some in-ceilings? Is it worth getting directional tweeters? Id love the 5.1 SS (maybe 5 to start with) to be working well and i thought directional tweeters might help this? 
    Also Ill need a center speaker, something small that can sit under the tv. 
    I have a room layout image with a bit more detail and idea of the room layout so can send it on if you need.

Thanks in advance!

Eoin

Hey Guys,
    So we started the process of getting the work done to our kitchen and I was wondering if you could give me some direction again with speakers to go for?
    Its going to be our kitchen but I wanted to make sure that its still good for parties and as a second room to watch tv etc when cooking or relaxing (or using the speaker system for the radio)
    As mentioned in the previous messages on this thread, Ill be using my Denon X2000 to zone 2 the same source audio to my Denon 1611. Ive tested this and it works. 
    Can you give me some advice on some in-ceilings? Is it worth getting directional tweeters? Id love the 5.1 SS (maybe 5 to start with) to be working well and i thought directional tweeters might help this? 
    Also Ill need a center speaker, something small that can sit under the tv. 
    I have a room layout image with a bit more detail and idea of the room layout so can send it on if you need.

Thanks in advance!

Eoin
    Hi Eoin, as far as ceiling speakers go you really cant go wrong with monitor audio, something like the ct165's.  These use the same drivers as the wonderful sounding BX2 range of standmount speakers

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-11974-ct165.aspx

As far as a centre goes a good match would be the MR centre or BX centre

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12486-mr-centre.aspx

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-10817-bronze-bx-centre-black.aspx

Regards Stephen

Thanks Stephen,
    Thats brilliant. I thought I had responded but I didnt press send last time!!
    Can I confirm one last thing, that the ceilings come with covers and if they are paintable, and do the MR or BX centres come with fabric covers too to hide the cones away?

Thanks

Eoin

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Stephen,
    Can I confirm one last thing, that the ceilings come with covers and if they are paintable, and do the MR or BX centres come with fabric covers too to hide the cones away?

Thanks

Eoin
    Eoin,

all our in-ceiling and in-wall speakers come with covers ( most of them are really clever magnetic jobbies that are changeable and yes, they are paintable and the MA CT165 that we normally recommend also come with spare 'inners' for the grilles so when you paint them you can just pop a new backing onto the grille.

The MR and BX and Bronze series also come including fabric grilles..

Keep u posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks Stephen,

Thanks

Eoin
    Eoin,

all our in-ceiling and in-wall speakers come with covers ( most of them are really clever magnetic jobbies that are changeable and yes, they are paintable and the MA CT165 that we normally recommend also come with spare 'inners' for the grilles so when you paint them you can just pop a new backing onto the grille.

Keep u posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks so far for the help. We have the build starting in the next few weeks. So will need them in next 3 weeks but prior to that no rush.
    Could I get a quote for the 4 Monitor Audio  CT165s and a Black Monitor Audio MR Centre? I'm based in Dublin

Thanks!!

Eoin

Thanks Stephen,

Thanks

Eoin
    Eoin,

Keep u posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks so far for the help. We have the build starting in the next few weeks. So will need them in next 3 weeks but prior to that no rush.
    Could I get a quote for the 4 Monitor Audio  CT165s and a Black Monitor Audio MR Centre? I'm based in Dublin

Thanks!!

Eoin
    Hi Eoin.

Thanks for coming back.

The price on the CT165 x 4 @ 129.99 = 519.96 Euro (I can offer these 4 for 500 Euro).
    The MR Center is priced at 179.99 Euro.
    Total 679.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks Stephen,

Thanks

Eoin
    Eoin,

Keep u posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!!

Eoin
    Hi Eoin.

Thanks for coming back.

The price on the CT165 x 4 @ 129.99 = 519.96 Euro (I can offer these 4 for 500 Euro).

Thanks for the quote,
    Can I just double check the price on the MR Centre, out of the two options you guys suggested I was hoping to go for the lower cost one, which seems was around £100. 
    Thanks
    Eoin

Thanks Stephen,

Thanks

Eoin
    Eoin,

Keep u posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!!

Eoin
    Hi Eoin.

Thanks for coming back.

Thanks for the quote,
    Can I just double check the price on the MR Centre, out of the two options you guys suggested I was hoping to go for the lower cost one, which seems was around £100. 
    Thanks
    Eoin
    Hi Eoin.

Yip the Mr Centre is listed up on our site at £100 but when change to the euro pricing its coming up at 179.99 Euro.
    I can drop this down to 144.99 Euro.
    Sometimes our Euro pricing is higher to reflect our competition in the South of Ireland. Most times it is lower though :D

Making the total 644.99 Euro.

Thanks Stephen,

Thanks

Eoin
    Eoin,

Keep u posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!!

Eoin
    Hi Eoin.

Thanks for coming back.

Thanks for the quote,
    Thanks
    Eoin
    Hi Eoin.

Yip the Mr Centre is listed up on our site at £100 but when change to the euro pricing its coming up at 179.99 Euro.
    Sometimes our Euro pricing is higher to reflect our competition in the South of Ireland. Most times it is lower though :D

Brilliant,
    Can I order that then?
    What do you need from me?

Thanks

Eoin

Thanks Stephen,

Thanks

Eoin
    Eoin,

Keep u posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!!

Eoin
    Hi Eoin.

Thanks for coming back.

Thanks for the quote,
    Thanks
    Eoin
    Hi Eoin.

Brilliant,
    Can I order that then?
    What do you need from me?

Thanks

Eoin
    Hi Eoin.

No problem at all.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM I will give you a shout for some details :)

Big thanks for all the help guys, slight hiccup with the order but thanks to Brian & co all speakers delivered and look great!!
    Thanks again!

Big thanks for all the help guys, slight hiccup with the order but thanks to Brian & co all speakers delivered and look great!!
    Thanks again!
    Hi Keoin18.

Glad you are up and running :D

What was the Hiccup with your order?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.